Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FAO Floyd Fans: Are you a fan of his personality?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Travdog View Post
    I'm a fan of his boxing skill, how can I judge his personality without knowing him? I don't get it.
    base it off what you see...first impressions regardless of whether you've met him or not

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Not really.

I don't really care for any fighter outside the ring or personal lives.

I mean, my second favourite fighter is Carlos Monzon and he was an obvious idiot outside the ring.

Then again, part of why I hate Muhammad Ali is because he is an obvious idiot outside the ring also.

So it depends for me.

As for Floyd and his actions outside the ring; sometimes I laugh, most of the time I cringe.
      Are you serious about that ? Ali is ten times more intelligent than most people and has a great personality, imo. Floyd has done nothing smart outside the ring, the more we know about him, the worst it gets.

I don't judge an athlete by how he acts outside the ring though, good or bad. Floyd's coming out won't change the way i see him as an athlete, even if he stays in the closet for the rest of life.

Comment

Originally posted by Yogi Bear View Post
        base it off what you see...first impressions regardless of whether you've met him or not
        I met him on few occasions and I find him to be very fan friendly, very good to the kids, very generous but also very argumentative. When I was writing for East side boxing I covered the Mayweather - Judah fight and we got into a heated debate over the question why was Castillo so tough for him.

My first impression of him was that he was an arrogant prick on TV and then when I met him he seemed nice but yet very sensitive to criticism.

I just think he's a great fighter and if the image of a person is the reason you like a fighter then so be it, but I rather base my fandom on the skill

Comment

Working...
        X