No announcement yet.

There's only one real loser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's only one real loser

Props to two great warriors in the ring last night. One did what they said they would, which is rare, the other, not so Much. Both, however, showed tremendous heart and courage. With that being said there is only one real loser last night ...the jab. Why isn't it being counted?!?! Is there some conspiracy against the jab? Do they find it worthless and Are trying to get rid of the jab like the American penny or the field goal extra point in American football?... Remember guys it is a scoring punch
    Or it use to be. RIP jab. You won't be forgotten
    Last edited by Lopez_Boxing; 09-16-2018, 09:16 AM.

Most casuals don't even know the difference between a jab and a power shot.

Anyone who thinks someone who constantly throws soft jabs with an occasional stiff jab in between won a fight while getting walked back with power shot after power shot to the head and body needs to stop scoring fights and go back to watching mma.

Comment

It's not being counted heciase this fight means much more than a jab. You could walk away scoring this fight 12-0 Golovkin for his "jab" and the world would know this fight was bigger than a jabbing contest. This wasn't some random ESPN fight with no implications. This was a war amongst two people that didn't like each other with everything on the line.

Comment

The only loser is boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post

Anyone who thinks someone who constantly throws soft jabs with an occasional stiff jab in between won a fight while getting walked back with power shot after power shot to the head and body needs to stop scoring fights and go back to watching mma.
          Well I know what side your on. You probably want to get rid of the jab all together. Make it illegal like rabbit punching. Listen no disrespect but I know what I seen these last two fights. Ggg's jab. And they may have gave canelo the victory, but I will rest easy knowing that, like it or not, glovkin landed the jab some times.

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post

Basically this..

GGG hardly threw anything meaningful in that fight apart from a few combinations in 1 or 2 later rounds..

You cannot win a fight by JABBING!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
              The only loser is boxing.
              And the jab

Comment

Originally posted by Lullaby View Post
                Basically this..

GGG hardly threw anything meaningful in that fight apart from a few combinations in 1 or 2 later rounds..

You cannot win a fight by JABBING!!
                Let me guess you want to take away our guns too!!! You guys are all the Same. I seen it. The jab!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
                  Props to two great warriors in the ring last night. One did what they said they would, which is rare, the other, not so Much. Both, however, showed tremendous heart and courage. With that being said there is only one real loser last night ...the jab. Why isn't it being counted?!?! Is there some conspiracy against the jab? Do they find it worthless and Are trying to get rid of the jab like the American penny or the field goal extra point in American football?... Remember guys it is a scoring punch
                  Or it use to be. RIP jab. You won't be forgotten
                  Golovkin only won rounds because of the jab, same in the first. Power punches outweigh the jab, as they should.

Comment

I'd say GGG fans. Its hard to support a fighter that never gets the benefit of the doubt. We all already knew if the fight was close that they would give it to Canelo even though most observers felt Golovkin won. Both fighters proved themselves again tho, especially GGG at 36 years old. And Canelo was better than i thought he was going to be, i thought he might have had lost his mojo.

Comment

Working...
                    X