Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury: Rematch With Wilder Biggest Heavyweight Fight In 50 Years, Since Ali-Frazier

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know zillions of guys — extended family dudes, clients, husbands of my wife’s friends — who are sports fans (college and pro football and basketball especially) who have no idea there’s a heavyweight fight coming up.

Why? Because boxing titles aren’t real anymore. Everyone has a belt. So who’s the best? Nobody knows.

Boxing is the only sport without real champions. But Americans want to find out who is the best.

Plus there’s the judges and their arbitrary use of scoring criteria.

So...too many "champions", and often the wrong guy "wins."

It isn’t a mainstream, water cooler sport anymore.

Comment

Off the top of my head... Not bigger than Lewis vs Tyson, bowe vs holyfield 1-3, holyfield vs Lewis 1&2, Holmes vs Cooney,

Comment

Back on the meds brother, Ali-Frazier 1? Xanax, Prozac, take a few of each then go jerk off 7 times..

Comment

When I think of the biggest HW fights in the past 50 years, I’m sorry, I can’t go with 1 fighter in his ultimate prime and the other isn’t.

With Lennox Lewis vs Mike Tyson, that wasn’t Iron Mike. He had already gotten beat by Buster & Holyfield twice. With Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Klitschko that wasn’t a prime Wladimir either. He was out of boxing for 1 year and 5 months and 41 years old.

Since AlI-Frazier, there were better HW fights than those above with respect to BOTH fighters being in their PRIME like Wilder and Fury are. And by the way, Fury said the last 50 years, so he is going all the way back to the FIRST Ali vs Frazier fight, not the rematch or the Thrilla and Manila. But what about these fights in the past 50 years. And we aren’t talking about the outcome, but how anticipated these matches were BEFORE they fought.

Holyfield vs Bowe
          Holyfield vs Lennox Lewis
          Ali vs Foreman
          Lennox Lewis vs Vitali Klitschko
          Ali vs Frazier II
          Ali vs Frazier III
          Holmes vs Norton
          Foreman vs Norton
          Forman vs Frazier

Comment

They tryin HARD to sell this fight as a "cant miss" event.

Yawn...

Comment

Working...
            X