No announcement yet.

I CANNOT justify sticking with the Xbox for another generation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I CANNOT justify sticking with the Xbox for another generation

Regardless of it having a slightly better spec, I can't justify it.

I have felt that the Xbox one has been very disappointing, I'm just not interested in Microsoft exclusives anymore, Gears and Halo have been absolutely wrinsed to death, they are done.

PS4 on the other hand has had several great exclusives that I am YET to play, Spiderman, FF7 remake, Street fighter 5, Shenmue 3. Of course there's others but I'm a big fan of these franchises.

Anyway, I won't be sticking with Microsoft this gen, they would need to come at me with BIG, shocking exclusive deals, I'm talking big names, that won't happen, Idgaf about Halo 7 or gears 13 or fable 5, I don't care about anything they've got frankly.

I would honestly get the Playstation if i could use the xbox elite controller with it. I don’t like the ps controllers at all

Comment

the best videocards cost $400-$600, a new gaming console is always cheaper compared to building a gaming computer. I remember spending $1000 just to play the first FarCry on PC around 2004. $500 bucks (console) and another $60 for a nice game is nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by r2rsoto View Post
        the best videocards cost $400-$600, a new gaming console is always cheaper compared to building a gaming computer. I remember spending $1000 just to play the first FarCry on PC around 2004. $500 bucks (console) and another $60 for a nice game is nothing.
        Double that price, and you're in the ballpark. 2080 Ti's are still in the 1100-1300 dollar range.

Anyways, both new consoles will be pretty good bang for the buck. The 30 series NVIDA cards will be dropping later this year I believe, and their higher end stuff will be monsters, but with price tags to match.

Comment

I lost track that they got so expensive now; and there is a lot of people that builds a $3000 dollar computer to just play 4-5 games and then surf the internet. Getting a new gen console with 3-4 games is always a good choice; It has been proven that sony and microsoft loses money the whole first year trying to create the new gen gaming community, and they start making money until the 2nd year.

Comment

Honestly I don't think it's a good idea to buy any console when it's less than a year into its lifespan. Better to wait until there are like 5 games minimum that directly appeal to you to actually come out and live up to their promise. That way you know you're not wasting your time and money. Besides, it's not uncommon for the first wave of new consoles to have design faults, plus game developers usually aren't able to draw out the full power of the machine right away. Look at the games out for Xbox 1 and PS4 at launch versus the games releasing for the same consoles now. Good things come to those who wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
              Honestly I don't think it's a good idea to buy any console when it's less than a year into its lifespan. Better to wait until there are like 5 games minimum that directly appeal to you to actually come out and live up to their promise. That way you know you're not wasting your time and money. Besides, it's not uncommon for the first wave of new consoles to have design faults, plus game developers usually aren't able to draw out the full power of the machine right away. Look at the games out for Xbox 1 and PS4 at launch versus the games releasing for the same consoles now. Good things come to those who wait.
              I agree in principle but I want to play quite a few PS4 games, so If they are backwards compatible I may as well make the jump and get a PS5

It's annoying how the PS4 is still fairly pricey for a console in the last months of its life.

Comment

Originally posted by LDBC Slayer View Post
                I agree in principle but I want to play quite a few PS4 games, so If they are backwards compatible I may as well make the jump and get a PS5

It's annoying how the PS4 is still fairly pricey for a console in the last months of its life.
                The PS4 was really cheap pre-corona here in the UK. During corona everyone became gamers it seemed lol. The prices shot up.

I could find PS4's for £130 here pre-corona and around 3 weeks ago when I was looking for a friend, the cheapest I could find was around £180. That's roughly $80 more.

Now that the lockdown has eased a bit and plans are further along with how to manage covid, they're around £150-160ish. They'll drop back down to £130ish by the end of the year.

I'd say wait a bit to find out if it's backwards compatible. I think they have a lot more info to provide regarding the PS5 including price that they are holding close to their chest at the moment. From the rumours I have read, they are trying to make it happen. I have a better feeling about the new XSX being backwards compatible.

Comment

Working...
                X