No announcement yet.

Your thoughts on Conor McGregor?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your thoughts on Conor McGregor?

I am somewhat very surprised there is no thread on the *Notorious* one yet.

The dude talks that mad ****, he's got a country behind him and is not afraid to talk the talk.

But can he walk the walk?

I look forward to finding out.

p.s. Anyone who wears sunglasses indoors that is not visually impaired is a douche bag, but he is good for MMA IMO
    Last edited by 2fast2strong; 09-25-2014, 02:49 PM.

I think he is a good fighter with good stand up, but he aint ready for a dustin poirer who is more well rounded then he is...well see saturday though

Comment

Not a huge MMA fan but am following McGregor since his fight 2 fights ago but he could do with getting taking down a peg or two talking **** about guys who have more than paid their dues like this Porier guy and the Aldo

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
        Not a huge MMA fan but am following McGregor since his fight 2 fights ago but he could do with getting taking down a peg or two talking **** about guys who have more than paid their dues like this Porier guy and the Aldo
        I am glad you posted, I have a question for you.

Since you are from Ireland how is Connor received there?

Does he have any detractors there or is it overwhelmingly positive?
        Last edited by 2fast2strong; 09-25-2014, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2fast2strong View Post
          I am glad you posted, I have a question for you.

Since you are from Ireland how is Connor received there?

Does he have any detractors there or is it overwhelmingly positive?
          Overall very positive it is though very bandwagonish though a loss this weekend and people will fall away they love the bravado and the talk off "whooping ass and looking pretty" lol

Comment

Overall very positive it is though very bandwagonish though a loss this weekend and people will fall away they love the bravado and the talk off "whooping ass and looking pretty" lol
            Thats cool, I for one would be happy if he did win, the UFC needs stars and he could that bring excitement.

But I still think he is kind of a douche bag for real and not just hyping his fights, but hey that's ok with me too.

because he makes me want to watch him, and that's the name of the game

Comment

Thats cool, I for one would be happy if he did win, the UFC needs stars and he could that bring excitement.

But I still think he is kind of a douche bag for real and not just hyping his fights, but hey that's ok with me too.

because he makes me want to watch him, and that's the name of the game
              That's true and I understand the need to bring hype about yourself too get fighs but he goes way over the top as I said I don't watch much MMA but I have followed him abit and the talking constant **** about guys who have walked the walk kinda wants me too see him lose which might very well happen this week

Comment

That's true and I understand the need to bring hype about yourself too get fighs but he goes way over the top as I said I don't watch much MMA but I have followed him abit and the talking constant **** about guys who have walked the walk kinda wants me too see him lose which might very well happen this week
                True but any good *bad guy* cant just go half way with the persona or it just does not work.

And of course he will lose eventually because it is impossible for anyone to live up to the level of **** he talks, but it takes a different kind of person willing to be the bad guy.

But if he backs it up by fighting bravely, win or lose he will be successful

Comment

He seems to have good power, he wings his punches a bit and has his chin in the air a lot. Decent accuracy. It really depends on his chin I guess. Hopefully he's Irish through and throug and can take a shot.

Comment

True but any good *bad guy* cant just go half way with the persona or it just does not work.

And of course he will lose eventually because it is impossible for anyone to live up to the level of **** he talks, but it takes a different kind of person willing to be the bad guy.

But if he backs it up by fighting bravely, win or lose he will be successful
                    But that's what gets me he doesn't need too be the bad guy he's exciting,is a decent looking fella and has charisma unfortunately though he takes that charisma too far but I guess it's working for him he has a lot off people talking.Hope he wins tomorrow although wouldn't begrudge Dustin seems like a cool guy

Comment

Working...
                    X