Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't wanna major Engineering Science anymore

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please don't make the mistake of doing things because it may make you money.

Do whacha like. eat whacha like.

Live how ya like.

With no regrets.

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
      I don't even know what to change my major to though. I don't want to do Rocket Science. I love Rocket Science and all, but I have wasted too much time recovering from surgery and now i'm going back in Jan and I really don't wanna deal with Engineering Science anymore. I'm not motivated. I want to do something else. The only thing i'm interested in college for is Engineering Science degree and then after that get an Aerospace Engineering degree. I mainly just want to get in to Aerospace Engineering but the thing is you need an Associates degree in Engineering Science in order to transfer to an Aerospace Eng college.
      How about Electrical Engineering? I used to major in Engineering Science as well, but I changed it.

Comment

Aerospace is a form of rocket science, fyi.

Comment

A few years ago I started an engineering degree. I guess I liked the idea of being an engineer. Problem was, I absolutely hated the coursework. Too much maths.

I transferred to a science degree majoring in chemistry/biochemistry. I got about 2/3 of the way through that and then had a change of heart. I loved the work and was doing well, but I decided that I probably didn't want a career in that sort of industry.

Now I'm about to start an electrical apprenticeship. I can always go back and finish my degree one day if I want, but for the moment I'm happy where I am.

Comment

I'd say to not even bother with a degree in engineering science because it's worthless. I'd get a degree in physics and the get a graduate degree in whatever you want to specialize in. If you're not interested in grad school you can just get a job with you're physics degree. Just make sure when you're specialize in physics to choose useful electives and not anything too theoretical unless you want to continue grad school in physics.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleGRuiz View Post
              I'd say to not even bother with a degree in engineering science because it's worthless. I'd get a degree in physics and the get a graduate degree in whatever you want to specialize in. If you're not interested in grad school you can just get a job with you're physics degree. Just make sure when you're specialize in physics to choose useful electives and not anything too theoretical unless you want to continue grad school in physics.
              Engineers laugh at people who get physics degrees. More than likely, you'll end up teaching if you go that route.

Comment

Physics

I graduated in Physics and everyone who didn't go to grad school is working for industry. They all make more money starting than any engineer would. It's rare for anyone who goes through the trouble to get a degree in physics ends up teaching unless they're professors, in which case they're researchers. Any type of work involved in research or development has many engineers and scientist, but it's usually the physicist running the show. I'd like to see the engineers laugh at then.

Comment

Physics

I'd also like to point out that a physics degree is the highest paid science or engineering degree.

http://www.jupiterscientific.org/sci...esalaries.html

Comment

Having a degree isn't everything bro. A lot of the time they are not nessacary. Keep that in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeKickAss View Post
                      Aerospace is a form of rocket science, fyi.
                      When I mentioned Rocket Science, I was referring to Aerospace Engineering.

Comment

Working...
                      X