Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gary Russell Jr. Open To Fighting Gamboa, Ponce, John

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isnt Russell a Haymon fighter?? Thats not happening if he is! Look at wat happened with Billy Dib (50's fighter) on the Cotto card!

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      Gamboa has moved on. He's not moving back down in weight to fight Russell Jr. If he did, he'd win, in my opinion. Gary's a talent, but he's not ready for a monster like Yuri.
      If both guys continue to win in impressive fashion, a fight between the two of them has HBO PPV written all over it. That's the kind of fight I could see HBO pulling out all the stops for to make it happen. I am not saying this instant though.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
        I'd rather get behind Javier Fortuna and Karim Mayfield and other prospects who are willing to fight other unbeaten fighters and prospects like themselves. All the skills in the world and Russell fights setups and no-hopers. No thanks.
        Russell is being brought up in American, not Mexico or some piece of **** third world country like the Phillipines. He is being matched against different styles so that when he steps it up against contenders and champions, he will have seen everything. People were very disgusted at the pace Ward was brought along for the first 4-5 years of his career too. Now look at him. Russell will be fine.

Comment

Gamboa??? No......

John??? We know that story.....

Ponce??? Bingo

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
            Russell is being brought up in American, not Mexico or some piece of **** third world country like the Phillipines. He is being matched against different styles so that when he steps it up against contenders and champions, he will have seen everything. People were very disgusted at the pace Ward was brought along for the first 4-5 years of his career too. Now look at him. Russell will be fine.
            co-sign!!!

Comment

Russell has the tools, most people here see it. I believe this is a star on the rise, he's just rising kind of slow. He says he's ready now, though and I'm ready to bet he can do it. John, too old; PDL too slow and awkward; Gamboa, gone; Salido, 12 losses, but tough. Now is Russel time, his real threats have no championships, like him, so for him to get one now will put him in the driver's seat.

Comment

GR Jr outclasses and KOs all of em IMO

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
                  GR Jr outclasses and KOs all of em IMO
                  Some of these guys have serious hard heads, and some are slick and wily, he may not be able to KO all of them, but that's what having tools is about. The ones he can't KO, he'll out box.

Comment

I like Russell jr a lot...I think he will everybody @ 126 eventually..just not gamboa. Gamboa is my favourite boxer and a pure beast..

Comment

[QUOTE=hitking;12701103]Russell is being brought up in American, not Mexico or some piece of **** third world country like the Phillipines. He is being matched against different styles.QUOTE]Translation, being protected. Good thing Karim Mayfield, Javier Fortuna, and 100 others were willing to step up and put their undefeated records on the line against prospects, contenders, and former champs on ShoBox every week. Screw Russell and his lack of confidence.

Comment

Working...
                      X