Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Mannix calling out Golovkin for ducking, says he should be stripped.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xhiddenx87 View Post
    Golovkin why you contaminated Canelo's meat.
    with the way golovkin pretends hes actually mexican i wouldnt doubt that golovkin would love to wrap his lips around canelos meat

Comment

Originally posted by xhiddenx87 View Post
      Golovkin why you contaminated Canelo's meat.
      ******ed excuse. Canelo didn't choose Vanes, Golovkin did.

Comment

I love the short notice excuse like GGG hadnt been training for Canelo. Plenty of names had raised their hand and not all are exactly getting paid big money... it was almost three weeks before they “found” someone. Not only that, but they were very vocal about Canelo getting suspended. You mean to tell me their preferred resolution happened and they were too inept to think “hey..maybe we should get a plan b and c lined up.”

It’s been a month and a half since Canelo failed and about a month since he was temporarily suspended. It was a given he’d get at least six months retroactive.

People were lining up knowing they had a decent two month camp to work with, GGG’s team knew they were still fighting on May 5th and for all the big talk, you come up with Vanes with 2 and a half weeks notice? For real. How did he even become an option? It’s baffling. How would you even THINK of that name? He’s not even active. The only way that makes sense is they were given a list of guys not fighting and they sent said guys an offer.

Imagine sitting in at a meeting and Zurdo, Andrade, etc come up and some as s hole who’s streaming the Lara-Hurd fight goes “Well Lara just lost...let’s start there. Remember that Vanes guy? He lost to Lara... does he still fight? Who cares, Find him.”

:|...

You’d think business would be run as such “Oh. Canelo just failed a test...make that two tests.. we want him suspended. We’re keeping the may 5th date and headlining and showcasing Gennady. Let’s make as good a fight as we can and use this opportunity. Call up the guys people say he’s avoiding. Make them offers.”

They dont even have to be good offers, dude. Just throw somethin their way and let them say no and shame em on social media for pricing themselves out like a regular promoter would. I dunno. Somethin. Some effort. We’d eat it up anyhow

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
          I love the short notice excuse like GGG hadnt been training for Canelo. Plenty of names had raised their hand and not all are exactly getting paid big money... it was almost three weeks before they “found” someone. Not only that, but they were very vocal about Canelo getting suspended. You mean to tell me their preferred resolution happened and they were too inept to think “hey..maybe we should get a plan b and c lined up.”

It’s been a month and a half since Canelo failed and about a month since he was temporarily suspended. It was a given he’d get at least six months retroactive.

People were lining up knowing they had a decent two month camp to work with, GGG’s team knew they were still fighting on May 5th and for all the big talk, you come up with Vanes with 2 and a half weeks notice? For real. How did he even become an option? It’s baffling. How would you even THINK of that name? He’s not even active. The only way that makes sense is they were given a list of guys not fighting and they sent said guys an offer.

Imagine sitting in at a meeting and Zurdo, Andrade, etc come up and some as s hole who’s streaming the Lara-Hurd fight goes “Well Lara just lost...let’s start there. Remember that Vanes guy? He lost to Lara... does he still fight? Who cares, Find him.”

You’d think business would be run as such “Oh. Canelo just failed a test...make that two tests.. we want him suspended. We’re keeping the may 5th date and headlining and showcasing Gennady. Let’s make as good a fight as we can and use this opportunity. Call up the guys people say he’s avoiding. Make them offers.”

They dont even have to be good offers, dude. Just throw somethin their way and let them say no and shame em on social media for pricing themselves out like a regular promoter would. I dunno. Somethin. Some effort. We’d eat it up anyhow
          They didn't even try to negotiate a fight with Derevyanchenko.

Golovkin has been in training for May 5 so would have an advantage over anyone he fought, but still went for the easy option.

Comment

I agree with him 100% here. A few years ago GGG was in the same spot and wouldn't shut up about people ducking him. Now he's doing the exact same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post

They couldn't even get spike o Sullivan to fight because the money was cut in half. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Andrade wasn't stepping in for 100k or something like that and I doubt Dibella would let his kid in there for that either. You can't just offer money that's not available

Comment

Chris who?

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                  Chris who?
                  You should know him man. He's a boxing reporters that has 12x the following of Vanes.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    You should know him man. He's a boxing reporters that has 12x the following of Vanes.
                    I've never heard of him and not interested in his opinion to be honest.

Comment

Tom responding to Chris

Chris responding to Tom

Comment

Working...
                      X