No announcement yet.

Chris Eubank is probably the most overrated boxer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Eubank is probably the most overrated boxer

From all the hype these guys were giving him, I was expecting him to stop Groves in the 8th. He has very limited foot work, poor technique, and horrid defense. He is the Middleweight version of Deontay Wilder

The casuals buy into his training clips tho. Bookies made him favourite which staggers me.

Comment

Being elite at 160 doesn't take much.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
        Being elite at 160 doesn't take much.
        He was never elite at 160 or 168, some people bought into his hype but he was never anything close to elite

Comment

Groves looked spectacular. It looked better than the Froch bout by compubox alone. I mean BJS vs Monroe Jr., timid boxing, fight of the year!

Comment

Originally posted by tonysoprano View Post
            The casuals buy into his training clips tho. Bookies made him favourite which staggers me.
            I was surprised the bookies opened the betting with him as favourite even though the market is generally dictated by the bets being placed anyway. Most money comes from the casual market.

I also think he was only ever overhyped by casuals. Most knowledgable fans were still reserving their judgement on Eubank until he fought a good name again, which he did tonight and come up short ...again.

It is what it is. He's fringe world level at best. That IBO title was good indication of his level really.

Comment

He is the lineal, P4P World Champion of Instagram.

Comment

He isnt a bum...the BJS and Groves fights were very close but he lost. But he isnt elite either

Comment

Overrated because he was a potential GGG opponent. Groves destroyed that delusion with Murray too.

Comment

People saw him look good against bums and thought he was legit. Happens a lot with casual fans.

Comment

Working...
                    X