Bob Arum: "No parker-wilder fight, wilder brings nothing to the table"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Arum: "No parker-wilder fight, wilder brings nothing to the table"

Parker will fight Fury in the UK in July - Bob Arum

Were you disappointed with Joseph Parker's recent performance? Are you confident the unification with Wilder will come to fruition?

Bob Arum: "Well, Parker's got to fight a mandatory first against Hughie Fury. That will take place in the UK in July."

Is there no way around that with an exception so the unification can happen first?

Bob Arum: "No because economically it's better off to do Fury and then maybe Joshua. Wilder is a nice guy, but he doesn't bring anything to the table. He doesn't bring any money to the table. Not like these English guys do. What do you do with a Wilder fight? You can't put it on PPV so it goes on regular television and it's not going to do a huge gate."

Maybe if you and Al Haymon found the right deal the fight could be on a major network like Fox or NBC.

Bob Arum: "But there's no gelt there. There's more gelt in England. In other words, if it's unification you're going to have to compensate Wilder and you're going to have to compensate my guy and there's not enough money."

Wilder doesn't bring anything to the table. That's interesting.

Bob Arum: "It's not that he doesn't bring anything to the table. He doesn't bring enough to the table, not for another champion. The Wilder-Joshua fight would be interesting, but only in the UK. It wouldn't be huge in the United States, but in the UK it would do big business."

But Deontay ducking the other champs doe

Comment

Parker vs Hughie on the BJS/Khurtsidze card or another Warren card in July?

Comment

All these guys ducking Wilder

Comment

I've been telling y'all Parker vs Ruiz II is coming.

Comment

Wow Bob, Really?

Comment

Originally posted by The Time View Post
              Wow Bob, Really?
              He didn't tell a lie. Parker would make more taking the lions's share against Fury in the UK than splitting the pot vs Wilder, and that's an easier fight.

Comment

Bob's putting his nutz on the table these last couple dayz

Comment

Is there any doubt that the money fight for any HW is Joshua right now? Is this legit surprising to anyone?

I don't think Arum is saying anything crazy here. This sh^t isn't about ducking or not ducking its about the biggest fights & the most money.

Wilder shouldn't even be talking about unifying with Parker at all his damn self lol. That's f#cking silly. He should be talking about only Joshua cuz that's his biggest money fight too. No one cares about or should care about Wilder vs Parker. I mean if both wanna fight & Joshua isn't available, as he doesn't seem to be, then fair play, but with how boxing works currently with everyone trying to maximize there upside with the least risk you wait for Joshua if your #2 choice is a threat too & you could be next in line for a huge payday if you merely sit for awhile or fight a bs fight or two. I don't like that boxing works like that, but that's how boxing works today like it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    He didn't tell a lie. Parker would make more taking the lions's share against Fury in the UK than splitting the pot vs Wilder, and that's an easier fight.

Everyone wants to see the champions fight each other though. That is what is going to bring the Heavyweight division back.

I hope Arum doesn't stall on unifying. In an ideal world, Parker would fight Wilder and the winner fight Joshua. But that's not likely going to happen. Hopefully though we will not wait too long for Parker, Wilder and Joshua to unify with each other and fight each other.
                    Last edited by The Time; 05-23-2017, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X