No announcement yet.

Tyson Vs Lewis 1996 who would of won?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson Vs Lewis 1996 who would of won?

Tyson just out of prison for 3 years clearly not the fighter he was before he went in. But he beat mcneeley in his first match back then beat the undefeated Mathis jr. He then got his chance of winning back the wbc world title og bruno who beat lewis destroyer mccall. Tyson looked great against bruno and took him out in 3 rounds.

Lewis Had just lost his wbc title to oliver mccall by ko. A devistating loss for lewis chances of a tyson fight when he got out of prison. He then had afew fight and notably against former olimpic champ Mercer. Lewis won a decision against Mercer but in many ppls eyes lewis lost that fight and was exposed by the hard hitting mercer.

But who would of won in 1996 when all this was happening? I feel that Tyson would of defeated Lewis. The reason Tyson was in good shape after the bruno fight full of confidence and Lewis was at the worst point of his career.

What do you think????????????????
    Tyson
    33.33%
    Lewis
    66.67%

Lewis would have waxed Mike at this point. Tyson was just a brawler by then, trying to bomb you into oblivion and I think Lewis would have been smart enough not to get caught.

Comment

He wasn't the same fighter he was before prison but in 96 he was still able to train hard and stay in shape. 96 Tyson would have without question knocked Lennox out - 10 count.

Comment

IMO I think Stylistically Lewis would always have the measure of any version of Tyson ,Lewis was just to big to strong

Comment

Im the biggest Tyson guy there is and ive never like Lennox but after Prison id have to back Lewis to win. Prime for prime tho its gotta be Mike

Comment

Lewis would have a good chance of any version of Tyson,and no doubt he would dominate the 1996 version of him

Comment

Lewis dominates 1996 Tyson imo. In fact I'd say he dominates any version post-1990.

Comment

Tyson vs Lewis in '96 would be competitive, a close one, Lewis was coming off an unimpressive win over Mercer, and Tyson was 45-1 that time.

Comment

Working...
                X