No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Withdraws From Golovkin Rematch on May 5

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
    if hes isnt there a rule for inactivity?
    You gotta remember "lineal champion " basically is an unwritten rule ( The man who beats the man). It is really decided by the fans or the Ring. Personally I believe if the lineal champion is inactive for more than a year than the lineal title is vacated. It gets tricky some ppl still view Tyson Fury as lineal champ and others don't. Right now there's no lineal in 147, 140 or 168. Adonis is still lineal for 175. I can't recall the last one for 154lb (maybe it was canelo also).

Comment

• Cancello finally pulling out knowing he can't win without at least one of the following: 1) Judges in his pocket 2) Time on his side 3) Catchweights 4) Hand wraps pushing the limits of illegal 5) PEDS.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This right here is the story of the last 5 years of Cancello Stallvarez.

Comment

if hes isnt there a rule for inactivity?
        Canelo is not the LINEAL champion at middleweight. When he threw away the belt, he lost the title. It is vacant now. Just look on wikipedia.

Comment

• Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
          No, he would still be the lineal until he loses, moves up or retires. Now if they wanted to say the new lineal champion is the winner of GGG vs Saunders you would have an strong argument.
          Completely and totally incorrect.

Argentina Sergio Martínez (2010–2014)
          Puerto Rico Miguel Cotto (2014–2015)
          Mexico Canelo Álvarez (2015–2017; vacated)

NOTICE. CANELO NEVER DEFENDED HIS LINEAL TITLE. He dropped the belt rather than fight GGG because he "wasn't a middleweight."

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
            Completely and totally incorrect.

Argentina Sergio Martínez (2010–2014)
            Puerto Rico Miguel Cotto (2014–2015)
            Mexico Canelo Álvarez (2015–2017; vacated)

NOTICE. CANELO NEVER DEFENDED HIS LINEAL TITLE. He dropped the belt rather than fight GGG because he "wasn't a middleweight."
            Hello Boxingscene,

Thank you for this information. So basically canelo was still the last lineal champ at 160 correct before he vacated? In a nutshell most people would still view him as such even though it is wrong. Honestly I totally forgot he moved back down to 154. That brings it back to my quote an lineal champ will lose his rank if he leaves the division. So I wouldn't say I was totally false, but I will not argue it. I don't wanna be banned. I did forgot he drop the WBC. But he was the last lineal champ. Sorry for spreading mis information.
            Last edited by Removed Now; 04-04-2018, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
              Why Sullivan though?
              imo cuz he lost to saunders.....

if he beats him easy to a pulp then it can probably set up a future fight for all the belts at middleweight

which imo he can still do that while fighting someone else better than sullivan

Comment

imo cuz he lost to saunders.....

if he beats him easy to a pulp then it can probably set up a future fight for all the belts at middleweight

which imo he can still do that while fighting someone else better than sullivan
                Or just a glorified sparring sessions until the Canelo rematch in September.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
                  Canelo is not the LINEAL champion at middleweight. When he threw away the belt, he lost the title. It is vacant now. Just look on wikipedia.
                  dont bet on that... ANYONE can go edit wiki....

shiiit i remember that golovkin cat editing shit on wiki man that was hilarious

Comment

• Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
                    nah, I think the more likely scenario is he's used clen for a while to make weight and gain an edge, and now he got caught and doesn't want to fight without the benefits of it.
                    makes sense he used to cut hella weight

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                    Daniel Day-Lewis is boxing for real now?
                    he sorta looks like him bald

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
                    No, he would still be the lineal until he loses, moves up or retires. Now if they wanted to say the new lineal champion is the winner of GGG vs Saunders you would have an strong argument.
                    thats what im hoping for....

apparently ODH can get ring to get them to fight etc.... but if its a no go they do the nonsense of the next runner up etc.... dumb but imo they are gonna fight this year

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
                    You gotta remember "lineal champion " basically is an unwritten rule ( The man who beats the man). It is really decided by the fans or the Ring. Personally I believe if the lineal champion is inactive for more than a year than the lineal title is vacated. It gets tricky some ppl still view Tyson Fury as lineal champ and others don't. Right now there's no lineal in 147, 140 or 168. Adonis is still lineal for 175. I can't recall the last one for 154lb (maybe it was canelo also).
                    word thats why I like using Transnational rankings... imo better than ring at the moment (past few years actually imo)

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                      No he didn't, he will sue Canelo and win the full amount of his purse, just like Wilder did and Lebedev did.

Lebedev sued Guillermo Jones, won 2.5m.
                      Wilder sued Povetkin, won 4.5m.

Both the full amounts of their purses.

Golvkin will sue Canelo, and more than likely, if these current cases which set precedent are respected, he will be awarded his full purse in damages.
                      imo he should and hopefully he wins no problem....

canelo still hasnt provided proof about tainted meat....

how long ya think he gonna be suspended?

Comment

Working...
                      X