Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woodley responds to Dana White saying he’s ‘full of ****’ about Nate Diaz fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodley responds to Dana White saying he’s ‘full of ****’ about Nate Diaz fight

The most highly anticipated opponent for Tyron Woodley right now might be Dana White.

On Wednesday, White said on UFC Tonight that Woodley was “full of ****” for comments he made earlier in the week to ESPN about potentially fighting Nate Diaz next. Woodley didn’t seem to take that real well.

The UFC welterweight champion said Friday in his “Hollywood Beatdown” segment for TMZ Sports that White, the UFC president, was the one putting out wrong information.

“I don’t want people to think that I’m full of ****, as my boss said,” Woodley said. “And that I’m making this **** up. That a fight with me and Nate was never talked about in December and has never been brought up since then — that is bull****. It has. Did I get a contract to fight Nate? No, I did not. So, if I’m not thinking about the highest prize as a prizefighter, I am a complete idiot. I should suicide slap myself.”

White said Wednesday that a fight between Woodley and Diaz was never a thing.

“[Woodley’s] full of ****,” White said. “That fight was never made, you couldn’t be more wrong, he couldn’t be more full of ****, and it’s absolutely not true. It’s so not true that our lawyer hit him up today and said he needs to stop saying these kind of things, because it’s absolutely not true.”

Woodley clarified on TMZ that he never said he signed a contract or got a bout agreement. But the champion said there absolutely have been talks about fighting Diaz, which is why he told ESPN that he’d bet that Diaz would be his next opponent and that it was “way more likely than people realize.”

“I’m entitled to think whatever the hell I want to think,” Woodley said. “I didn’t say, ‘Hey, the UFC has a bout agreement, we’re in the process of negotiations, Dana White called me and offered me the fight.’ So everyone took that and they ran through the roof with their perception of what that meant.”

At the end of the video, Woodley and co-host Evan Rosenblum did their usual “Punch or Pat” segment. Woodley chose to give someone a punch — and yes, that person was White.

“Let’s punch Dana White in the face,” Woodley said with a laugh. “I know so many fighters on the UFC roster may have been wanting to do this for a long time.

“You gotta get these hands. Can’t hide behind the black suit and the promotion anymore. You gotta get this right hand.”
Working...
X