Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any old school MMORPG people here? Ultima Online, Everquest?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any old school MMORPG people here? Ultima Online, Everquest?

back before it turned into a puss fest with WoW..

I'm talking OLD SCHOOL Ultiama Online before there was Felucca/Tammel - where it was ALL free for all PVP??

Man that was so hard, and frustrating, but also the most rewarding. It was the most legit MMORPG experience.

People that came along after WoW are used to being babied - not knowing what it's like to lose ALL your gear, having to go around as a ghost to get a rez, etc.. Lol I'd be working on my mining skills collecting for a new suit of armor minding my business with my trusty steed next to me, then all the sudden BAM!! getting GANK'D by 3 dudes much higher skilled than me - and the bastards would kill my horse too!! lol..

The Rallos Zek server on Everquest back before 2003 was cool too, but there was PVP level range, as u couldn't attack anyone 8 levels below you.. And you would only lose your coins, and ONE piece of gear (not counting your handheld items, just armor).

I dont know if theyre old school, but I played Everquest for a bit, Runescape, and FFXI.

Is there any good mmo rpg's out right now? I haven't played games in long time, but I'm thinking of buying a new pc or console.

Comment

Originally posted by Pechorin View Post
      I dont know if theyre old school, but I played Everquest for a bit, Runescape, and FFXI.

Is there any good mmo rpg's out right now? I haven't played games in long time, but I'm thinking of buying a new pc or console.
      im looking for a good mmo but the ones that are most appealing to me are either dead or played out.

I've played a bunch of MMO's throughout the years -

GW1, GW2, WoW, Runescape, Wildstar, RIFT, Neverwinter, SWTOR and even tried the free weekend for ESO a few weeks ago.

WoW is quite clearly the best still. SWTOR could honestly have been a legit contender even now but they screwed up so badly at the start it's not even funny.

I would have played GW2 for far longer if they had some proper end game raiding content.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
        im looking for a good mmo but the ones that are most appealing to me are either dead or played out.

I've played a bunch of MMO's throughout the years -

GW1, GW2, WoW, Runescape, Wildstar, RIFT, Neverwinter, SWTOR and even tried the free weekend for ESO a few weeks ago.

WoW is quite clearly the best still. SWTOR could honestly have been a legit contender even now but they screwed up so badly at the start it's not even funny.

I would have played GW2 for far longer if they had some proper end game raiding content.
        I haven't played it but the mmo crowd seems to have shifted to monster hunter world.

Comment

Star Wars Galaxies before they dumbed it down and made it so everyone could be a Jedi (before only a few lucky players got the chance) was a great MMO.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
            I haven't played it but the mmo crowd seems to have shifted to monster hunter world.
            It has even until now, THE Best story levelling experience i've ever played. Had some very cool PvP concepts. Great lore. Nice level design...not great but it was decent. Was terribly optimised, the servers were an absolute mess for well over a month, some classes were horribly OP at the start...even if it was optimised I think it would still be clearly the second best MMO even in 2018.

Comment

Hello everybody, I am 21 years old and I am still interested about mmorpg games. Well, to keep up to date with the new updates I am used to read article about mmorpg games on a site recommended by my friend. I know that such games are always current, because thanks to great demand and these are often updated according to new trends. Which games do you prefer, could you recommend me something interesting?
              Last edited by kellerica; 05-10-2020, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X