Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who did better against Floyd, Manny or Conor?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacquiao beat Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by UNBANNED View Post
      This is funny but Conor actually won 3 rounds against Floyd while Manny only won 2. That doesnt tell the story though.

Floyd edged out 10/12 rounds against Manny by a ratio of about 55% to 45%....very, very competitive rounds.

By contrast Floyd dominated McG most of the fight (after the first 3 rounds) en route to Conor fatiguing and TKO

Floyd Manny was a terrific fight and boxing at its highest level. No it didnt have the exciting moments like Leonard's fights did, but it was 2 master chess players near the top of their game.

The main factors in the fight were Floyd's jab, Mannys straight left, Floyd's right, and Mannys inability to cut off the ring especially when Floyd moved to his left/Mannys right (cue Mannys right shoulder injury). Manny stunned Floyd twice in the fight - rounds 4 and I think 9 - but was never able to get things going consistently. Floyd potshotted Manny, clinched, moved, defended well, and generally spoiled the fight...but that was his style. As yucky as it was to watch sometimes I can appreciate the skill required to achieve that level of focus and skill

Great fight
      why does floyd win the close rounds? pac was landing the cleaner punches. oh because pac couldn't cut off the ring! was he trying to? does he have to? this is why pac lost. people wanted him to do something instead of actually watching what was happening which was pac landing the better punches. doesnt matter what you wanted to happen or thought was going to happen. floyd wasnt committing to any of his punches or getting any leverage because he was hesitant of the return fire. manny on the other hand barely got hit clean and picked his punches much better and landed the much better scoring shots.

Comment

Props to Conor for not inventing an injury

Comment

I would go with the Filipino morons in the assertion that pac beat floyd.........

Comment

Floyd walked the bigger Conor down. I literally saw him walk into a punch on purpose in that fight. Floyd fought Manny very cautiously.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
              Props to Conor for not inventing an injury
              how was it an invention? i see you running with this narrative but even floyds team knew he was carrying an injury into the lead up to the fight so i dont understand why you think it was fake. they even refused to let him take a toradol shot which is perfectly legal by lying to him and saying it was not allowed(while the same people watched floyd use an illegal IV). was the injury a huge factor in his performance? i dont think so but you know it wasn't invented.

Comment

Originally posted by Offline View Post
                Floyd walked the bigger Conor down. I literally saw him walk into a punch on purpose in that fight. Floyd fought Manny very cautiously.
                i seriously doubt he walked into a punch on purpose. he probably knew conor didn't have the power/skill to hurt him so he was willing to take more risks. against pac he realized after the first round this guy is good and is timing me(hence why there were no counters from floyd) and thats why he made sure to create a whole lot of distance between them which limited pacs output but also limited floyds ability to land anything good and even his jab was barely landing. it was essentially 12 rounds of running out the clock because he knew if not a lot happened the judges would give it to him and they did. did he land the better punches...nope but he controlled the narrative which is more important. boring fight=floyd must be winning.

in retrospect now that we know how boxing works if pac had just thrown a millino punches that missed and floyd landed the crisper cleaner punches pac probably would have won or had a better chance at winning. there was no way pac ever would have won that fight. just watch round 3. pac picked him apart, had great defense, landed all the hard shots. all 3 judges botched it and gave it to floyd. fighting like that was impossible to win. i guess he shold have known that? i dont know. floyd knew pac was now a counter puncher boxer and not a whirling tornado so thats why he finally agreed to fight but he miscalculated pacs boxing skills or overvalued his own and by the third round was really getting outboxed pretty badly and refused to do anything to really correct it. just run out te clock judges will save me...not to say it wasn't close it was but essentially no counters and essentially no lead punches. just a really pathetic grazing jab and the occasional push off hook. every once in a while a right hand of course but nowhere near the amount of hard punches pac was landing to the head and body. also when you factor in the constant clinchcing and ducking below the waist(both illegal) i dont see any reason to give close rounds to the guy who needed illegal tactics to keep it tight and still didnt land the better punches.
                Last edited by daggum; 01-02-2020, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  how was it an invention? i see you running with this narrative but even floyds team knew he was carrying an injury into the lead up to the fight.
                  Shouldn't that ''injury'' have been IMMEDIATELY visible ????

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                    Shouldn't that ''injury'' have been IMMEDIATELY visible ????
                    i dont know what that means. you mean should his arm have fallen off? there are things called internal injuries you know. like i said floyds camp knew about the injury before hand which makes his relationship with usada that more suspect since they blocked him from getting the shot that could have helped him fight through the pain, but was the injury some kind of super debilitating one that prevented him from moving his arm? clearly not. was the focus on the injury after the loss overblown? proabably so. it wasn't invented though. thats just wrong. a fake surgery too? now you are in conspiracy land.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      i dont know what that means. you mean should his arm have fallen off? there are things called internal injuries you know. like i said floyds camp knew about the injury before hand which makes his relationship with usada that more suspect since they blocked him from getting the shot that could have helped him fight through the pain, but was the injury some kind of super debilitating one that prevented him from moving his arm? clearly not. was the focus on the injury after the loss overblown? proabably so. it wasn't invented though. thats just wrong. a fake surgery too? now you are in conspiracy land.
                      Yeah.....injuries on a timer

Comment

Working...
                      X