Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else a little disturbed by how ESPN handled what was going on with Dadashev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    When they hide it, that's worse. They didn't turn it into anything juicy. I think they were just being transparent. I've seen where they avoid talking about it and that looks sketchy AF. Like they're trying to hide the tragic elements of the sport.

Agreed. It is not pretty to see, but the sport has an ugly side. It would be an injustice to sweep it under the rug.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      I tuned in right when they showed the replay and, to me, it was informative and heartfelt. I'm definitely not someone who needs the gory details but I felt they were being responsible. They probably could have cut it off before showing the ambulance stuff as that was rough to watch but when you're editing live TV, it's hard to get all those decisions 100% perfect.

I can understand some people being bothered by it though. It's not something we've been traditionally exposed to in live boxing.
      Listen , ain’t going to lose sleep over it lol , just thought that by replaying it , from the moment he had to sit ringside until the ambulance ride , in my eyes that was trying to sell it
      Nobody needed to see that to understand that the fighter is not doing so well
      Live or not , the guy who pulled the trigger on that , imo , was trying to make it dramatic as fugh
      Probably look a lot worse if fighter’s condition worsens

Comment

There's always a better or right way to do it but unfortunately moments like that need to be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
          Agreed. It is not pretty to see, but the sport has an ugly side. It would be an injustice to sweep it under the rug.
          I don’t think it should be swept under the rug
          But I believe their was really no need to show the boxer in that state after the update

Comment

Yeah...... Even more so now in hindsight

Comment

They showed Stevenson also on the stretcher. No outcry then.

It's a sad part of the story and it was not aired in distasteful manner.

Comment

Usually the presenters gloss over these things and move on.

ESPN was serious and respectful. The commentators were visibly upset.

Comment

Working...
                X