No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Buddy McGirt: Everybody Wants To Fight Like Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Buddy McGirt: Everybody Wants To Fight Like Mayweather

By Thomas Gerbasi - James "Buddy" McGirt is in the gym, like he has been for much of his life. He's talking boxing, another something he's been doing for much of his 55 years. Today's topic is the modern boxer and said boxer's reliance on the shoulder roll. "Today, everybody wants to fight like (Floyd) Mayweather," sai...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Kind of a clickbait title but it was a very good read.

Comment

"c'mon baby'

Comment

Like the saying goes if you can't beat him join them.and everybody trying to be like Floyd.but the sad part is its ruined boxing a bit because everyone scared to fight each other just to keep a perfect record

Comment

Originally posted by Worick View Post
          Kind of a clickbait title but it was a very good read.
          I agree... very click baity title... BUT I think it is one of the best articles I have ever read on BoxingScene.

Comment

Originally posted by giant_king View Post
            Like the saying goes if you can't beat him join them.and everybody trying to be like Floyd.but the sad part is its ruined boxing a bit because everyone scared to fight each other just to keep a perfect record
            You are correct; it has ruined it. Its even ruined intelligent discussion on boxing forums and why there is this war of words between AJ and Wilder between fans that devolves to personal attacks and insults. Simply put its created garbage fans.

While I lean towards Wilder it doesn’t bother me if AJ were to win or vice versa. Both in my eyes are still excellent HWs with differing skills. While a loss might sadden a fan from either side it doesn’t diminish the boxer’s value in the least. Each will continue their careers, might face one another again and win or lose again.

That’s HW boxing where in any given night any HW can KO any other HW, period, point blank, end of story. Wilder could have gotten KOd by Breazeale. AJ might get KOd by Ruiz. That’s the fighting business.

Any all time PFP list in existence today places SRR at the top. He lost 19 fights. I’d place Henry Armstrong at # 2 with 21 losses. Most unintelligent boxing commenters would melt down with those first two selections because they have losses. And today to have a loss is unspeakable. If you have a loss (unless its come from a champion) that boxer is a garbage can, a tomato can, not worthy being called a boxer. The internet has in fact in many ways ruined boxing and their fan base.

Very rarely will you see anywhere in the top 10 PFP an undefeated fighter. Maybe top 15 you’ll find your first undefeated PFP in Rocky Marciano.
            Last edited by Boxingfanatic75; 05-22-2019, 03:44 AM.

Comment

“I just think that someone will wake up and realize that the shoulder roll ain’t for everybody,” he continues. “Some guys could do it, but some guys can’t. They try, but they can’t. You’ve got to be a real perfectionist to get it down. I give Mayweather credit for that. But a lot of guys don’t realize that he’s been doing it since he was six, seven years old. People forget that.”

Adrien Broner, he's talking about you!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                “I just think that someone will wake up and realize that the shoulder roll ain’t for everybody,” he continues. “Some guys could do it, but some guys can’t. They try, but they can’t. You’ve got to be a real perfectionist to get it down. I give Mayweather credit for that. But a lot of guys don’t realize that he’s been doing it since he was six, seven years old. People forget that.”

Adrien Broner, he's talking about you!
                & Andre Berto

Comment

I remember when berto came out with the shoulder roll against Guerrero and got beat from pillar to post.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.365 View Post
                    & Andre Berto
                    Definitely Berto!

Comment

Working...
                    X