No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Derevychenko and GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
    I had it 114-113 GGG. Had him down after 10 but he won the last two rounds to nick it on my card with the 1st round knockdown proving the difference.

A lot of subjective middle rounds, I feel 114-113 either way or 115-112 to GGG are acceptable scorecards.
    Thanks good post...I especially agree with the logic in general that a fight can swing 1 round either way from what your score is, usually...I am not a big fan of saying that I saw it 8-4 for one guy, but could see it 8-4 for the other guy either, for example.

I think in close fights, you have to more or less swap the close rounds...there are guys who can win close rounds clearly and pile them up - BJS Andrade currently come to mind...but I think giving a big swing from your card sometimes allows for bad decisions to be justified...just my 2 cents there...good post.

Comment

Derevyanchenko lost if you score clean punches

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
        The one thing we can all take from this fight is that GGG's skills are seriously diminished. He's no longer a fearful monster. Takes too many shots because his reflexes are maybe 75% of his prime.

Canelo KO's him IMO and I agree with the ginger....there is no reason for a third fight between the two.
        From watching the SD-GGG fight and then Canelo-GGG 2 back to back...they are much different fights really...and I think it mainly comes down to different fighting styles of SD and Canelo...SD is very active and just was relentless in going at GGG...Canelo is great but is more measured...it is more of a chess match in his fights.

And I think that trend would continue if GGG and Canelo fought again...I would still favor Canelo to win the 3rd fight, but I still think GGG's activity would keep him in the fight with Canelo...as great as Canelo is, he isn't really active enough imo to take a lot of clear rounds in big fights...GGG's problem for me vs SD was not that he was hit a lot.

SD is very active so that wasn't too surprising...but GGG didn't take those shots extremely well...he took Canelo's best shots much better I would say...if GGG's punch resistance is gone/fading, it could be a tough physical fight for him...possibly stopped...but if he wants it I say why not...I would think Canelo would want a chance to get a definitive victory personally.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
          Derevyanchenko lost if you score clean punches
          I do feel GGG was landing cleaner throughout on rewatch...that was pretty clear I think...also appeared to be landing the bigger shots most rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
            Thanks good post...I especially agree with the logic in general that a fight can swing 1 round either way from what your score is, usually...I am not a big fan of saying that I saw it 8-4 for one guy, but could see it 8-4 for the other guy either, for example.

I think in close fights, you have to more or less swap the close rounds...there are guys who can win close rounds clearly and pile them up - BJS Andrade currently come to mind...but I think giving a big swing from your card sometimes allows for bad decisions to be justified...just my 2 cents there...good post.
            Yeah I don’t understand how people can have it 8-4 either way, that’s like an 8 round swing. I also hate 10-10 rounds I mean just pick a winner for gods sake. I think a big issue is the majority of fans don’t understand how to score fights, they don’t know what to look for and when a result is different to theirs they scream robbery.

But yeah man, I thought GGG deserved the nod in a close and competitive fight. If there’s not Canelo rubber match coming next, I’d definitely like to see a rematch cause Derevyanchenko had a nightmare start, getting dropped and cut, yet still went on to make it very competitive. It was a good fight to watch too.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
              Yeah I don’t understand how people can have it 8-4 either way, that’s like an 8 round swing. I also hate 10-10 rounds I mean just pick a winner for gods sake. I think a big issue is the majority of fans don’t understand how to score fights, they don’t know what to look for and when a result is different to theirs they scream robbery.

But yeah man, I thought GGG deserved the nod in a close and competitive fight. If there’s not Canelo rubber match coming next, I’d definitely like to see a rematch cause Derevyanchenko had a nightmare start, getting dropped and cut, yet still went on to make it very competitive. It was a good fight to watch too.
              Yes well said, agreed...SD showed a lot of heart and toughness in that fight, to come back after the KD and cut and fight well.

Comment

Working...
              X