Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don King is brought on a British show to explain why Lewis was robbed against Holyfie

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don King is brought on a British show to explain why Lewis was robbed against Holyfie

They were ready to lynch King at the beginning of this interview. By the end of the interview they were throwing flowers at his feet. He even got Lewis a lil choked up when he talked about the British public not accepting Lewis before this fight. And he had Barry Mcguian blushing. The greatest promoter that ever lived

Wow, that audience is obnoxious, but King was unshook. I'm no fan of his but he handled his shyt there and did his shtick without feeling one ripple in that stormy sea. I can't say he convinced anyone of anything but he certainly came out as good as one could have hoped.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Wow, that audience is obnoxious, but King was unshook. I'm no fan of his but he handled his shyt there and did his shtick without feeling one ripple in that stormy sea. I can't say he convinced anyone of anything but he certainly came out as good as one could have hoped.
      When Don King is long gone hopefully they'll be an honest account of his life in the business. He did a lot of wrong and he did a lot of good. Just like every other person ever involved in boxing. King was just the best crook out of the bunch of crooks Lou DiBella put it perfectly:

''I have nothing against Don personally,'' Mr. DiBella says. ''I don't like some of the ways he conducted business, but I don't view him as the source of all evil. I don't want this to become a Don King story. The system is corrupt; he's just better at using it. The ratings organizations and their shenanigans, the misuse of options contracts by promoters. If the desire is to fix boxing, you have to fix the whole system.''
      Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 01-14-2017, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        When Don King is long gone hopefully they'll be an honest account of his life in the business. He did a lot of wrong and he did a lot of good. Just like every other person ever involved in boxing. King was just the best crook out of the bunch of crooks Lou DiBella put it perfectly:

''I have nothing against Don personally,'' Mr. DiBella says. ''I don't like some of the ways he conducted business, but I don't view him as the source of all evil. I don't want this to become a Don King story. The system is corrupt; he's just better at using it. The ratings organizations and their shenanigans, the misuse of options contracts by promoters. If the desire is to fix boxing, you have to fix the whole system.''
        There's an honest account now of King by people he actually worked with from Tyson to Holmes. And it's all bad bad bad. I don't see why you're trying to revise history and get people to look at him with rose-tinted glasses. One thing I agree with you, he put up awesome fights and he was a great promoter but let's not forget he fleeced fighters, all promoters do in a way, but he did so in a way that left boxers broke. He inserted a clause in Tyson's contract that transferred 46 million to his own account before a fight was even arranged, he said he was the only one who offered Tyson a break after he got out of jail but that was just to rob him more, he preyed on gullible boxers...no one is perfect but my God was he a greedy and savage as **** when it came to money. So, anyway, I'm supposed to now believe you and this youtube clip from 30 years ago over a recent documentary by Tyson who says he was robbed...it's clear as daylight and you're coming here trying to say otherwise...you must be one of his relatives. Don't ever bring this up again, we've all gotten past what he did to Tyson and Don is history...we don't need you trying to repaint him as some saint...you stupid bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
          There's an honest account now of King by people he actually worked with from Tyson to Holmes. And it's all bad bad bad. I don't see why you're trying to revise history and get people to look at him with rose-tinted glasses. One thing I agree with you, he put up awesome fights and he was a great promoter but let's not forget he fleeced fighters, all promoters do in a way, but he did so in a way that left boxers broke. He inserted a clause in Tyson's contract that transferred 46 million to his own account before a fight was even arranged, he said he was the only one who offered Tyson a break after he got out of jail but that was just to rob him more, he preyed on gullible boxers...no one is perfect but my God was he a greedy and savage as **** when it came to money. So, anyway, I'm supposed to now believe you and this youtube clip from 30 years ago over a recent documentary by Tyson who says he was robbed...it's clear as daylight and you're coming here trying to say otherwise...you must be one of his relatives. Don't ever bring this up again, we've all gotten past what he did to Tyson and Don is history...we don't need you trying to repaint him as some saint...you stupid bastard.
          Like I said, he was the best crook in the lot of crooks. I've also seen a lot of fighters talk good about him like Felix Trinidad, Roy Jones Jr, Chavez Sr and Robert Garcia. He's had hundreds of fighters. Paid them more than they'd ever make with any other promoter. But people always bring up the small handful of fighters he had his problems with. He's been sued by 1% of the fighters he's promoted. Look at Trump. He's made billions. Done business with thousands of companies. And it's always a few handful complaining. It comes with the territory.
          Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 01-14-2017, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
            And let me say this because I'm a stupid bastard. You don't know wtf you're talking about. I personally know a fighter from Detroit who signed with King when the dude was sleeping in an abandoned apt building in my neighborhood. The state of Michigan had suspended his boxing license and he didn't have the money to get them renewed. King singed him got him on his feet and got him a big fight. He lost the fight but King didn't throw him away. He kept the kid busy until the Kid decided to continue to be the **** that he is. So don't tell me shit cuz u don't know shit

Comment

They were ready to lynch King at the beginning of this interview. By the end of the interview they were throwing flowers at his feet. He even got Lewis a lil choked up when he talked about the British public not accepting Lewis before this fight. And he had Barry Mcguian blushing. The greatest promoter that ever lived

LOL.

Ian Wright, John Barnes, Fred Elliot. I forgot about those audience with shows.

Fred Elliot from Coronation Street tries to mug off Don King and everything.

For yanks that audience are British celebrities. Even the host was a very famous football player (I was going to say soccer for your benefit but I can't do it.)

Comment

Like I said, he was the best crook in the lot of crooks. I've also seen a lot of fighters talk good about him like Felix Trinidad, Roy Jones Jr, Chavez Sr and Robert Garcia. He's had hundreds of fighters. Paid them more than they'd ever make with any other promoter. But people always bring up the small handful of fighters he had his problems with. He's been sued by 1% of the fighters he's promoted. Look at Trump. He's made billions. Done business with thousands of companies. And it's always a few handful complaining. It comes with the territory.
                First off, RJJ, Chavez and Fleix probably only said that in front of camers. Don is known to have underworld connections. He threatened to break Holmes legs once if he tried to get out of a contract. Second Trump is the wrong example to use to defend Don LOL....He's made billions? FALSE and unconfirmed, he owes millions upon millions and has gone bankrupt and investigated for fraud ...thats confirmed. And it's not a few handful....it's millions complaining. You disgust me.

Comment

And let me say this because I'm a stupid bastard. You don't know wtf you're talking about. I personally know a fighter from Detroit who signed with King when the dude was sleeping in an abandoned apt building in my neighborhood. The state of Michigan had suspended his boxing license and he didn't have the money to get them renewed. King singed him got him on his feet and got him a big fight. He lost the fight but King didn't throw him away. He kept the kid busy until the Kid decided to continue to be the **** that he is. So don't tell me shit cuz u don't know shit
                  Mayweather helps millions of children with his projects yet hes contstantly shat upon and never brags about it and you want me to ignore what that vulture did to Tyson because he helped one poor kid?

"I'm supposed to listen to one snake and let him in because it doesn't want bite me, but ignore the thousands of snakes that want to bite me?" Ali on White Supremacists

Comment

Lou is, by far, the most honest and down to earth promoter I know of. Occasionally, he has to do the fight-selling bias angles. But, for the most past, he's a straight shooter in what's otherwise a very plastic and disingenuous field.
                    Last edited by Redd Foxx; 01-14-2017, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X