Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Martinez: Hey Cotto, Beat Me and I'll Give You My Purse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh wow Martinez getting desperate there. And what's up with Dibella's recent OSDT enforcing policy? Does that apply only to Berto or Martinez too? ROFL MAO.

Comment

Leverage is everything in boxing. DiBella going crazy with the steroid ****...anyone think they'd make that request to Cotto? haha.

People here this and go "ohhhhh ****" but please. Cotto aint stupid, he knows this is a fight he could lose. And let me break something down for you guys:

If this fight is on WCB HBO will put up....MAX 3.5 million. After that's divided up, Arum would have to come out of his own pocket....I don't know, 2-3 million to get Cotto what he wants.

When fights are on PPV the guarantees are from the promoter. So Arum says to Miguel "Margarito is a bigger fight so I'll guarantee you 5(cause he thinks he'll get more money in the end). For Sergio I'll guarantee you 2.5." Who would you guys fight if presented with that? Arum holds all the cards...if he went to Cotto and said he'd guarantee him 5 million to fight Sergio I guarantee Cotto would fight him. But Arum aint no dummy and he wants to keep Cotto's career going cause he can still make money off of him and he's a potential Pac opponent still.

Comment

I'm a fan of both guys, that said Sergio sounds a bit desperate for a big payday. He has called out Cotto, floyd and pac and I do not see any of them talking about him so why is he isolating cotto out for not fighting him. Cotto has unfinished buisness to take care of with cheato, let him take care of that first and then try and get him in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by vrodz View Post
          I'm a fan of both guys, that said Sergio sounds a bit desperate for a big payday. He has called out Cotto, floyd and pac and I do not see any of them talking about him so why is he isolating cotto out for not fighting him. Cotto has unfinished buisness to take care of with cheato, let him take care of that first and then try and get him in the ring.
          good post!!!!!!!

Comment

The sad part of this 4 way mess is that most fight fans would preffer to throw Cotto to the wolves against Martinez than see the 2 greater fights named Floyd & Pacman challenge themselves against a genuinely dangerous top 3 pfp fighter like Martinez. Floyd & Pacman are too chicken **** so fans are more willing to protect them than Cotto. If Floyd & Pacman won't fight each other, both their legacy's are incomplete & the only retribution should be Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by vrodz View Post
              Why dont you do everybody a favor and stay off Boxingscene. Only kids say childish names like Cheato! Grow the fck up!

Comment

i dont think putting his purse on the line will attract cotto

Comment

Sergio is looking like the crackhead from menace to society... "Cotto I'll suck your dick.."

Comment

I still don't understand why fighters call out top rank fighters lol

Top rank only fights top rank..

So sergio if you want the fight you need to sell your soul to arum or the other option would be you lose 3 or 4 times in a row and come in at a catch weight then bob might give you a fight

as sad/funny this sounds it's nothing but the truth...

arum is scum

Comment

If Sergio is the best money option for Cotto, I'm pretty sure Cotto takes him. Sadly, there a much better options for Cotto out there.

Comment

Working...
                      X