• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you run, which strikes first?

Your heel or your forefoot/midfoot?

the front of my foot sorta, i dunno, i have to go run now

Comment

it used to be heel, now i'm a midfoot runner. been like this for about 5 years now.

for forefoot running isn't for most people as i've seen a bunch of people develop shin splints something nasty due to it. that and also hasten the formation of bunions.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
        for forefoot running isn't for most people as i've seen a bunch of people develop shin splints something nasty due to it.
        I'm the opposite. Forefoot running has pretty much ended my shin splints.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jrnj-7YKZE
          Interesting video on the topic.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
            it used to be heel, now i'm a midfoot runner. been like this for about 5 years now.

for forefoot running isn't for most people as i've seen a bunch of people develop shin splints something nasty due to it. that and also hasten the formation of bunions.
            Forefoot running should get rid of shin splints, it's the harsh impact with the heel that creates it.

Comment

Forefoot for me, Ive had constant problems with shinsplints, and if not shin splints then foot pain, especially the inner side of the foot.

I tried changing to mid foot but then I just developed shinsplints easier

Comment

You should be forefoot running not heel planting as that causes shin splints.

Comment

Everyone knows you should land on your forefoot. Landing on your heel leads to ankle problems. Landing on the forefoot also works out your calves and thighs more.

Comment

I am actually a forefoot runner. its just most of those runners i see who are faster than me strike their heels first. I also talked to some heel-strikers that they dont get injury from this style of running.

Additional question, so far what injury/pain have you experienced from forefoot running?

Comment

Working...
                    X