No announcement yet.

Cotto interview with Fight Hype: "Without a doubt Mayweather the best I fought"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
    did you forget he messed Manny us as well??

I remember that. Haven't seen that pic in awhile with the ear drum bleed and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
      Normally you say roach don't know what he's talking about? Here he says you pays your money you take your choice attitude. Whether you like 8 titles or unbeaten record. Cotto said he thought PAC would beat Floyd and Floyd ducked PAC for 5 years as Floyd knew he'd stop him. Hardly the words of someone who thinks Floyd's best of era
      Jmm said PAC is without doubt best of era.
      Last edited by hugh grant; 07-20-2018, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
        Floyd was so good he didn't want to take a knee because he wanted to stay in there with him as long as possible.
        I love this.

And Floyd was so good against Cotto, he had to switch trainers after the fight and adopt a more evasive defense.

Cotto took a knee against Pacqauio because he hated to see that kind of unsophisticated boxing.

Comment

I'm too lazy to post it, but Cotto's face after the Pacquaio fight looks like a botox surgery gone very wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
            Wow, look at all that "running" from Floyd Mayweather. Against one of the hardest punchers in the game.

Arguably, any fighter who fought Floyd who is being honest with themselves and not bitter about losing will acknowledge he was the best they faced.

The difference with Mayweather/Cotto is that Floyd went up to meet Cotto. He didn't drain him down like Manny did (as acknowledged by Roach).

Respect has to really be given to Cotto here, because unlike the other two SWW opponents (Canelo and De La Hoya), Cotto recognizes the significance of what happened; he was soundly and clearly beaten by a guy who didn't even regularly fight at the weight.
            I absolutely loved the way that Floyd fought Cotto and Mosely.

Comment

This really show how good cotto really is. He make floyd bloodied for the 12 rounds but against pac he was annihilated.

Comment

Originally posted by qwickm3 View Post
                Damn the Cotto Vs Floyd highlight video shows how good Floyd really was/is. Floyd undisputable as best of his era!
                oh yeah. cotto making hin bleed for 12 rounds while agains pac he got annihilated.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                  I always find it interesting when fighters do that. Cotto put in a respectable showing against Mayweather, who's widely seen as the best of the era. It inflates his reputation by saying 'Hey look I did really good against Floyd and he's the best'. He wouldn't want to say that Pacquaio was the best because he got destroyed in that fight, knocked down and wanted to quit.
                  If i am cotto i would say the same.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    Normally you say roach don't know what he's talking about? Here he says you pays your money you take your choice attitude. Whether you like 8 titles or unbeaten record. Cotto said he thought PAC would beat Floyd and Floyd ducked PAC for 5 years as Floyd knew he'd stop him. Hardly the words of someone who thinks Floyd's best of era
                    Jmm said PAC is without doubt best of era.
                    They fought...Manny lost..get over it..How the hell can he be the best of an era when he lost to a guy who NEVER LOST??

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                      I always find it interesting when fighters do that. Cotto put in a respectable showing against Mayweather, who's widely seen as the best of the era. It inflates his reputation by saying 'Hey look I did really good against Floyd and he's the best'. He wouldn't want to say that Pacquaio was the best because he got destroyed in that fight, knocked down and wanted to quit.
                      Yet he landed more shots on Manny..amazing

Comment

Working...
                      X