• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abracada View Post
    This.... no excuses!
    We cool magic man. Abra ca da/ you fil in the rest

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
      Yeah ok lol what I do works for me, and im just speaking from experience.

You're not going to change my mind because I've put in thousands of hours on my body. My muscles speak for themselves.

If you think eating builds muscles then eat away. I'm just telling the truth for anybody reading who wants it.
      If you are saying a good workout is superior to a bad diet you are mistaken and must have blessed genes.

No one... no one... can outwork a bad diet.

One large dominos pizza = 2500 calories, if you are saying someone can run that off; they will be having a 4 hour run just reach caloric baseline.

If you are saying someone can live of chocolate and gain muscle... well.. not even going there.

There is a reason why most gym goers are in the gym each day, showing mental strength... pounding out the weights and cardio and either being fat or skinny fat.

If OP wants the answer, pay $100 a get advice from a proper trainer, it is worth it to avoid things like this!

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
        Push ups, dips, pull ups. That’s all you need
        That's all the guys need in the big house and some of them dudes are jacked as ****.

Comment

Originally posted by ukbox View Post
          Time under tension is the time it takes you to complete 1 rep.
          By extending the time you break down more fibres & build muscle.

You are extending the time you are working the muscle & by slowing down you're putting the muscle under more tension/strain
          It also allows you to focus on your technique, performing the exercise properly & gettting the results from each muscle group.

You get better results from a lighter weight performed with perfect technique...than a heavier weight performed incorrectly.

Eg. Youre curling 20kg dumbell but technique is poor..muscle is too weak for the weight & as a result incorporates other muscles as the primary muscle instead of secondary muscles used aka Body finds a way to compensate/cheat

Because the weight is heavier you're not getting the full contraction nor full range of movement .

If you reduced the weight, to which you could complete your sets with perfect technique, slowed down with a proper contraction..held for a second and lowered slowly..you will work the muscle you want to
          ....rather than forcing your body to adjust & compensate.

Thats the jist of time under tension

The longer duration the muscle is being used the more stress you put on the muscle & with diet & recovery you reap the results. Training with this method allows fewer chances of injury than poor technique & heavier weights.

Mind-muscle connection is exactly that. You need to tune in to each muscle you are using...feel the full range of movement without locking out.
          It could be that you're not getting the full range of movement on a tricep extension.
          Rather than go through the motions...tune into the muscle youre using.
          Feel the natural range of the muscle & utilise it.
          Its using your chest to bench press..using your pecs to push the weight rather than your shoulders & arms....
          Being aware of your pecs through every moment of the movement & squeezing them together( & feeling the squeeze)..holding the contraction before you lower the bar or db...& as you lower it feeling your pecs stretch

By forcing yourself to tune in..you are naturally more aware of your body/muscles, you're less likely to lock out on exercises & will get better, faster, safer & more efficient results from an exercise.

This all equates to less chance of injury, less down time & a healthier fitter body & joints to train into your old age

That's the jist of mind-muscle connection
          Good post bruz.
          Actually learned something.

Comment

You know how you get ripped?

One word:

Discipline.

Even if all you did was 200 pushups 200 situps, 200 squats, 200 pullups. Day in and day out. You will get jacked guaranteed.

If you have 10,000 dollar gym equipment , 500 dollar nike athetic gear, and all the best protien shakes and supplements, and you only work out when you feel like it, you cheat yourself, and you don't push yourself to the limit, you will still look like sunspace.

Um.... diet is like 5% of it. Mental strength is 95% it.

You're absolutely wrong. You don't get swoll by diet.

Whats your routine mang

Comment

You know how you get ripped?

One word:

Discipline.

Even if all you did was 200 pushups 200 situps, 200 squats, 200 pullups. Day in and day out. You will get jacked guaranteed.

If you have 10,000 dollar gym equipment , 500 dollar nike athetic gear, and all the best protien shakes and supplements, and you only work out when you feel like it, you cheat yourself, and you don't push yourself to the limit, you will still look like sunspace.

Um.... diet is like 5% of it. Mental strength is 95% it.

You're absolutely wrong. You don't get swoll by diet.
              Consistency is the key really.. Why could Bhop box for so long? Guy never got out of shape.. Always ate right and trained hard.. Unlike say Hatton

Self discipline to get your ass to the gym when tired or not eat cAke when your a bit down is vital

The guy is right diet is very important even more so than training.. But like you said both of that stuff comes with self discipline and willpower

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
                Disagree, mental strength doesn’t build muscle if it did, Bill Gates would be Mr Universe every single year.

Muscle is built by mostly good nutrition, getting the macros right. Lifting weights etc is needed but with the wrong diet is pointless.

Eg if someone has mental strength and goes to the gym regularly, but eats too much sugar, insufficient protein, he will fat, skinny fat, or just skinny.

The majority of fat people in the gym or even skinny go to the gym very frequently, but their nutrition is wrong and they make little to no gains and wonder why other less frequent users are built like a train.

Sorry for the harsh news, but if the nutritions are wrong, don’t even bother going to the gym else end up like 95% of gym users.
                Mental strength is required to push your ass to the gym every day even when tired..

But it's also required to count calories/not eat bad/tempting foods etc. I agree diet is far more important then the actual training overall.. and if you go to the gym 5 days a week but eat like ****.. your shooting yourself in the foot

Bill Gates not being jacked doesn't mean anything either.. If he wanted to i am sure he could get in better shape (he seems average atm) but the guy is focused on business/charities etc

Comment

Originally posted by i_am_a_champ View Post
                  Im doing all the big lifts

Eating shyt loads. Close to 3000 kcals a day

Im currently at around 142lbs , 12lbs heavier thankfully with hardly any extra fat around the mid section

Starting to look better

Feel alot stronger.

One of my meals is rice with 500g of chicken breast.

The shyt is huge

Takes 20 mins to eat.

Will keep u guys updated
                  That is good progress.

Times your weight in lbs by 20-25 and eat that many callories

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                    That is good progress.

Times your weight in lbs by 20-25 and eat that many callories

Thanks man. Ive taken that advice over the past week or so and im currently at 147lbs

Ive started eating shyt loads.

Lifting much heavier on the squats and deads

Squats is around 77kg
                    Deads is around 80kg

Although i may deload on squats as i cant pump out 5 full reps for 5 sets.

And then go back up.

Squats i gotta say have become my fave exercise. Every fridays ive added in leg press and beast my legs. Once a week.

I squat 3 times a week.

Weight chins with 15kg weight right now. Looking to increase. Really thickening my arms right now.

Will keep you gentleman posted

Comment

Don't skip legs day as working your legs releases growth hormones to the rest of your body and work the body part hard but only twice a week or so. You need the time in between to heal. Only abs can you work more like 4 days of the week and not have diminishing returns.

Comment

Working...
                      X