Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are posters so concerned about GGG being HANDED another title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    this generation of fans would rather their favorite fighter be given something instead of earn it

GGG's ppv numbers show you the leverage he brings.....NONE

If you're so bad, agree to a catchweight and kick 'Nelo's azz....at least he wouldn't have to
    make that weight anymore...oops, didn't he say he'd fight Floyd at 154?
    yes he said he would fight floyd at 154, is Canelo floyd? i hope you are throwing Andre Ward under the buss too for not going to fight GGG at 164... oops didn't Ward say he would fight Floyd at 160? #doublestandard. everyone is was willing to fight floyd at the lowest weight they could get to simply because it was floyd.

I dont want handed anything to GGG for free but i dont understand the fans who are ok with Canelo holding a title at 160 and refusing to fight his mandatory at that weight and then ***** about golovkin getting it for free... its as if its Golovkin's fault that he wants a belt at his own weight glass without draining himself. This has become the standard of fan boys now a days, imagine if SRL demanded for hagler to drop to 154... or Roy Jones demanded ruiz to drop to 190... the win over the heavyweight would mean nothing at that point.

asking for catch weight is a ***** move and any fight that is fought at that catch weight is worth way less, thats why i disagreed with Golovkin asking 164 for Ward and will always disagree with that. If you are done with your division and want to take a challange at the next weight class then don't do the CW bull**** that's why as great as Paquio and Floyd are they pulled the ***** move too many times for them to be as great as the greats of the past. They are still great fighters and great business man but they will never rank as high as the all time greats.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      Hopefully Canelo won't be a giant pu ssy and actually fights his mandatory so we can avoid this problem. Hopefully boxing fans one day stop supporting the act of ducking. Canelo "doesn't need Golovkin". Is that what boxing has become?
      truth right there.

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
        Underpaid? GGG got 2 million and Lemieux got 1.5. It isn't like GGG got 12 mill.

If anything Jacobs and Quillin are severely overpaid. Don't know how long they can sustain overpaying these guys.
        $1.5 mil for a PPV is underpaid. Kirkland got $1.3 mil to fight Canelo on HBO Championship boxing. You can say "well Canelo is a big draw and brings in money". Ok. But Edwin Rodriguez got $1 mil for fighting Andre Ward on HBO Championship boxing. Rodriguez would be the equivalent to Willie Monroe Jr. Monroe Jr got $100K to fight GGG. His opponents are underpaid when compared to the opponents of other top boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
          yes he said he would fight floyd at 154, is Canelo floyd? i hope you are throwing Andre Ward under the buss too for not going to fight GGG at 164... oops didn't Ward say he would fight Floyd at 160? #doublestandard. everyone is was willing to fight floyd at the lowest weight they could get to simply because it was floyd.

I dont want handed anything to GGG for free but i dont understand the fans who are ok with Canelo holding a title at 160 and refusing to fight his mandatory at that weight and then ***** about golovkin getting it for free... its as if its Golovkin's fault that he wants a belt at his own weight glass without draining himself. This has become the standard of fan boys now a days, imagine if SRL demanded for hagler to drop to 154... or Roy Jones demanded ruiz to drop to 190... the win over the heavyweight would mean nothing at that point.

asking for catch weight is a ***** move and any fight that is fought at that catch weight is worth way less, thats why i disagreed with Golovkin asking 164 for Ward and will always disagree with that. If you are done with your division and want to take a challange at the next weight class then don't do the CW bull**** that's why as great as Paquio and Floyd are they pulled the ***** move too many times for them to be as great as the greats of the past. They are still great fighters and great business man but they will never rank as high as the all time greats.
          alt ....lol...I wonder whose? Sugar ray leonard did have a belt created for him at 168 when he could've fought the champion at his weight, which was 175...you need to learn your boxing before trying to be a smart azz

Floyd fought ....2 catchweights in major fights....dude fought in 5 weight classes man....140 and below he didn't do that at all.....JMM was after a 2 year lay off and Nelo was a kid and could make 152 otherwise he wouldn't have agreed to it...before that it was 150 that nelo offered

now pacquaio on the other hand he made it an artform after he moved past 140....all his best opponents were coming off loses and were at catchweights....or they hadn't fought at 147 at all before he fought them

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
            $1.5 mil for a PPV is underpaid. Kirkland got $1.3 mil to fight Canelo on HBO Championship boxing. You can say "well Canelo is a big draw and brings in money". Ok. But Edwin Rodriguez got $1 mil for fighting Andre Ward on HBO Championship boxing. Rodriguez would be the equivalent to Willie Monroe Jr. Monroe Jr got $100K to fight GGG. His opponents are underpaid when compared to the opponents of other top boxers.
            You're right. Rodriguez got paid 900k to fight Ward, and after that HBO refused to put any more bums to face Ward. They rejected several crappy opponents which is why his last fight was on BET.

Eventually the money runs out when you overpay. GGG and Lemieux got paid exactly what they deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              Hopefully Canelo won't be a giant pu ssy and actually fights his mandatory so we can avoid this problem. Hopefully boxing fans one day stop supporting the act of ducking. Canelo "doesn't need Golovkin". Is that what boxing has become?
              This right here :ANYWORD:

Comment

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post

I dont want handed anything to GGG for free but i dont understand the fans who are ok with Canelo holding a title at 160 and refusing to fight his mandatory at that weight and then ***** about golovkin getting it for free... .

It is not about being OK with that.
                Canelo should fight him at 160,no doubt. He drains himself to make his 155 catchweights anyway.

With that said, things being what they are, GGG would be extremely stupid to refuse a catchweight, or whatever concession he has to make.

Beating Canelo would be his signature win and he needs Canelo soon, being 33 already.
                Beating an Andy Lee on the other hand, would do absolutely nothing for him.

Comment

Why are you so concerned about what posters are concerned about?

Comment

Originally posted by B-Bomber View Post
                    It is not about being OK with that.
                    Canelo should fight him at 160,no doubt. He drains himself to make his 155 catchweights anyway.

With that said, things being what they are, GGG would be extremely stupid to refuse a catchweight, or whatever concession he has to make.

Beating Canelo would be his signature win and he needs Canelo soon, being 33 already.
                    Beating an Andy Lee on the other hand, would do absolutely nothing for him.
                    yep................

Comment

It is a meaningless thing and he probably won't be able to hold them all anyway because Golovkin doesn't bring a big enough stick to really get the bodies to line up behind him and not strip him.

Hopefully it doesn't come to that for Golovkin's sake though, he needs the big fight soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X