No announcement yet.

Maidana to hunt, fish and then track down Danny Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maidana to hunt, fish and then track down Danny Garcia

Marcos Maidana will continue to hunt and fish in his native Argentina before returning to the ring in the summer or fall, according to his manager, Sebastian Contursi.

The big game rival Maidana (35-5, 31 knockouts) mentioned was undefeated RING junior welterweight champion Danny Garcia, (29-0, 17 KOs), owner of a unanimous decision victory over fellow Argentine Lucas Matthysse from Sept. 2013.

“I don’t know how it came up but he did mention that he would want to fight Danny Garcia. But what he did say was, ‘I’d like to beat the guy who beat Lucas Matthysse,’ and that would be Danny Garcia. It’s nothing personal but I think that there has always been a rivalry between Maidana and Matthysse and not in the bitter sense,” said Contursi of Matthysse, THE RING’s No. 1-rated 140-pounder.

“They’re not friends, necessarily, but they respect and admire each other and they started boxing together. But you can not avoid the fact that there is a rivalry out there and that’s the fact that pushes him to want to be the best fighter in Argentina, which I think that he is, myself. Of course, I guess that’s arguable. But when it comes to boxing, Maidana doesn’t talk much about opponents that he would like to face, it’s just that for the reasons that I mentioned, he wants to fight and beat Garcia.”

This would be a very good first fight at 147 for Garcia, sink or swim for him. Hope it happens.

Talk about a damn good fight too

Comment

You want Danny Garcia to have his first fight at 147 vs Maidana?

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
        Talk about a damn good fight too
        I really think Danny needs a fight like this to get some rep and momentum back, he was top of the world after beating Lucas but then robbed Herrera, declined a rematch then fought a lowly ranked no name fighter from the 135 division in one of the biggest mismatches in modern history.

His next fight vs PEDerson is also lame as hell, both 140 belt holders yet Herrera should have all 3 belts, yet they are not even fighting in a unification fight, its at catch weight and 10 rounds.

Risky fight, but as you say it would be very entertaining.

Comment

Maidana jumps on Garcia since round 1,and breaks him down until angel throws in the towel.

Comment

DAMN!! I would love to see this fight, and to be honest, I never really thought about it before. I want to see Garcia get beat up to an inch of his life and more. WAR MAIDANA BABY!!!! WAR MAIDANA FOR LIFE!!!!! CHINOOOOO!!! THE FIRST MAN TO BEAT MAYWEATHER PERIOD. **** YOU IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE. WE TRYNNA CATCH A CASE FOR REAL!

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
              Sounds good to me, what is not to like?.

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
                He's already fighting his second fight at WW.

Comment

FOTY if this happens

Comment

The guy who beat Lucas? But maidana already lost to Alexander

Comment

Working...
                    X