No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Usyk, Bellew, Joshua, Ward, WBSS: Everyone's a Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Usyk, Bellew, Joshua, Ward, WBSS: Everyone's a Winner

By Tris Dixon - TONY BELLEW. Andre Ward. Deontay Wilder. Anthony Joshua. The list of viable foes on the wishlist of unified cruiserweight champion Oleksandr Usyk might stretch around the block though the queue willing to accept the challenge of the belt-laden 200lbs king will likely to be somewhat shorter after he delivered a one-sided clinic in what was supposed to be 2018's Fight of the Year. Instead, it was one of the performances of the yea...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Please don't mention Drizzy's name as Usyk opponent, the WBSS cruiserweight tournament wasn't even broadcasted here in the U.S.A! Whats Dre going to do fly to the Ukraine and fight Olek in his home-turf? do they even have PPV over there?!

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Please don't mention Drizzy's name as Usyk opponent, the WBSS cruiserweight tournament wasn't even broadcasted here in the U.S.A! Whats Dre going to do fly to the Ukraine and fight Olek in his home-turf? do they even have PPV over there?!
      Maybe Hearn would offer to make that happen in Vegas. He needs one of the bigger US names and/or some big US fights so he might try for that one. I'm not saying Ward accepts, but I could see Hearn trying.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
        Maybe Hearn would offer to make that happen in Vegas. He needs one of the bigger US names and/or some big US fights so he might try for that one. I'm not saying Ward accepts, but I could see Hearn trying.
        If Hearn offered his Matchroom U.S.A services to Ward-Usyk that would be the only legit PPV he probably ever sells.

Comment

I know Bellew appears interested but I can't see him taking this in the end

Comment

Originally posted by P4Pdunny View Post
            I know Bellew appears interested but I can't see him taking this in the end
            Usyk wants it in Liverpool and will settle for HW, they would be crazy to pass up on that fight now

Comment

Dont ever mention that unlikable billygoat CoWard who won that Super 6 that didnt even have the best fighters and all the belts, plus Ward just fought in his backyard, the only fighter that was afraid to ever travel, Usyk fought all over the world, in his opponents backyard, something Ward would never ever do. Usyk a real fighter, Ward a foul diva.

Comment

Originally posted by Sn1 View Post
                Usyk wants it in Liverpool and will settle for HW, they would be crazy to pass up on that fight now
                The guy is skilled don’t get me wrong but he doesn’t have the power for HW division and we don’t know if he can take a HW mauling or big right from a HW. I watched his fight and yes extremely skilled but I just don’t think he has the power needed for the HW div

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                  If Hearn offered his Matchroom U.S.A services to Ward-Usyk that would be the only legit PPV he probably ever sells.
                  Usyk was hurt several times by punches to the belt line against Gassiev, and the ref was scrupulously fair in applying the rules of boxing and warning Murat to keep his punches up.

As we know, in the US, punches to the belt line and six inches below the belt line are all ok, as are flying head butts, if the person landing them is called Andre Ward.

And as we also know, Andre Ward is a proven PPV flop who can't draw flies to a picnic, but still expects the lion's share of the income from all his fights.

With all the mouth watering alternatives open to Usyk .. how likely is he to want to fly to the US to be fcked around, fouled, and ripped off against Ward, for a fraction of the money he could make against Bellew in UK?

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                    Dont ever mention that unlikable billygoat CoWard who won that Super 6 that didnt even have the best fighters and all the belts, plus Ward just fought in his backyard, the only fighter that was afraid to ever travel, Usyk fought all over the world, in his opponents backyard, something Ward would never ever do. Usyk a real fighter, Ward a foul diva.
                    So Olek beat a washed Marco Huck, Mairis Briedis and a young Murat Gassiev who cares?! Andre 'S.O.G' Ward has HOF's under his resume, two weight and lineal champion, former #1.P4P! Usyk has got a lot of work to equal what Drizzy has accomplished, winning one tournament at 31 years of age is not even close.

I know you are still mad that Dre. whooped on Kovalev, but we have to move on.

Comment

Working...
                    X