Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Eubank Jr one of the biggest waste of raw talents ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Eubank Jr one of the biggest waste of raw talents ever?

Has speed, good agility, good basic raw skills but been severely under-utilised and mismanaged.

If he had gone down the normal path i.e. hire a trainer and help him guide you, say someone like Adam Booth from the start, he would be a different animal. This self manage argument his team put forth has cost him and wasted his career.

What a shame.

biggest waste of raw talent is likely some kid we've never heard of who was born a boxing prodigy, but is likely passed out in an alley with a needle in his arm having never taken up the sport.

Second biggest waste though? maybe lol

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      biggest waste of raw talent is likely some kid we've never heard of who was born a boxing prodigy, but is likely passed out in an alley with a needle in his arm having never taken up the sport.

Second biggest waste though? maybe lol
      You know what I mean bro.

This guy could have been something real special. His father has cost him that.

Comment

Groves said Eubank wasn’t a Super Middleweight. Bellew said the same. Jr. said the power difference with Groves and weight was apparent.

All while Triple Gee and Jacobs milked 160 for years on end, Eubank gets no respect for at least fighting competition in an class not ready for him at the elite level.

The whole thing has been over exaggerated. Groves easily coated this fight. Eubank Jr. needs a new mgmt team to know what to do when Championship adjustment is needed. Most of the blame is Eubank Sr. He has never fully committed to Jr. as a real full time trainer, only to sneak in the spotlight and pay another trainer to do filler.

If anything Eubank Jr. should’ve just stayed in Vegas and Sr. paying a premium to Mayweather Sr. for a good 5 years since 2014. Eubank Sr. just cheap and ego, never wanted his son to pass him.

Comment

His father tried to get Adam Booth to train him but Eubank jnr just didnt listen
          Eubank Jnr listens to nobody, thats his problem not his fathers
          That said as long as he has that injury to his right elbow he will never have any power or confidence in the right hand, notice how he barely threw the straight right in the BJS and Groves fight.

Comment

Well yeah! But isn't this basically like saying he would be better at boxing if he was better at boxing?

It's not like he was caught in his losses but he came up short against two good boxers with extensive amateur as well as pro experience.

Eubank Jr is a good, exciting fighter. He's not as good as BJS or Groves. I thought he might out last George but he couldn't get passed what is a world class jab.

Comment

Originally posted by leppard365 View Post
              You know what I mean bro.

This guy could have been something real special. His father has cost him that.
              He cost himself that, not his father. Jr. was a 25 year old grown man who made a choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
                His father tried to get Adam Booth to train him but Eubank jnr just didnt listen
                Eubank Jnr listens to nobody, thats his problem not his fathers
                That said as long as he has that injury to his right elbow he will never have any power or confidence in the right hand, notice how he barely threw the straight right in the BJS and Groves fight.
                Do you think he doesn't listen or Sr doesn't allow someone else to take control? I don't think the Booth thing rests solely on Jr. I think Sr has turned Jr into an uncontrollable person, and Sr himself doesn't want someone else controlling his son. So Booth thought screw this I'm outta here.

Also what injury to his elbow?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                  Well yeah! But isn't this basically like saying he would be better at boxing if he was better at boxing?

It's not like he was caught in his losses but he came up short against two good boxers with extensive amateur as well as pro experience.

Eubank Jr is a good, exciting fighter. He's not as good as BJS or Groves. I thought he might out last George but he couldn't get passed what is a world class jab.
                  I think he could have beaten both if he had a proper train in his corner, someone like Adam Booth. That's my point. He has all the raw skills but it's been severely underdeveloped.

By not having one and self managing he has ruined his career.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    He cost himself that, not his father. Jr. was a 25 year old grown man who made a choice.
                    Easier said than done though bro, his father comes across as a controllable freak. If Jr walked away in his early career I could easily have seen a situation where Sr kicked up a fuss and said we're done.

Comment

Working...
                    X