Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather net worth 170 mill? Will He be broke soon after boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ummmmm no

330 - 40% tax rate =330m-132 m=198 m

so basically he hasnt spent a thing and has a hell of a lot to show for it
    go dig a ditch and crawl in it and end this thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
      People rejoicing at the thought of another man's downfall is quite frankly, sad.
      Haters are gonna hate. I wonder who is behind the keyboard of some of these comments..

Comment

He may be a smart business man to an extent! But seems to be careless at times and in areas!, like paying your nba playoff seats . Seems like there was another issue a few years back about a charity orginazation. But i could be mistaking that!

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
          The problem with that is he has that $123 million (supposedly) in a banking account which collects zero interest and is only FDIC insured for up to $250k. Some people believe in having a significant amount of there money liquid but its literally sitting there doing nothing.

And theres no way in hell hes ending up with anywhere near $80 million from the Canelo fight. People always forget that hes the one who payed for all the advertising and marketing which was over $50 million for that fight.
          Exactly. People call Mayweather smart but he has $123m sitting in the bank. $123m for **** sake! A smart person would diversify their porfolio at least a bit you'd have thought. What I find funny is that Ellerbe was bragging about how Floyd and Tiger would be the only two athletes with $100m in the bank - I'm sorry but that makes Floyd a dumbass given his net worth. Maybe the fact that Floyd is viewed as smart on this site is a reflection of the intelligence level of the posters because let me tell you he's dumb. He can never directly answer a question in an articulate manner even when there is no incentive for him to avoid the question. The guy has a pointlessly large entourage of yes men who are paid to shout hard work dedication. That isn't smart people.
          Last edited by stefl14; 09-17-2013, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
            The problem with that is he has that $123 million (supposedly) in a banking account which collects zero interest and is only FDIC insured for up to $250k. Some people believe in having a significant amount of there money liquid but its literally sitting there doing nothing.

And theres no way in hell hes ending up with anywhere near $80 million from the Canelo fight. People always forget that hes the one who payed for all the advertising and marketing which was over $50 million for that fight.

I'm a financial adviser to high net worth clients, believe me i understand this better than most. Overcoming ones psychology is the key to investing. The market (ASX200) is at 4,000 and you can count on one hand how many clients you can convince to invest excess cash or take out a loan to "gear" into shares, which with our system of franking credits (a tax credit on dvidends) and tax deductions on the interest becomes very tax effective on the top marginal rate.

The market goes up above 5,000, close to 30% up and all of a sudden the clients call you wanting to put more money in.

Having money in the bank, even here in Oz where you can still get an annualised rate of 4.2% is a negative real return proposition after inflation and taxes.

Welcome to the world of financial repression.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
              People rejoicing at the thought of another man's downfall is quite frankly, sad.
              Malice is the only true joy....

Comment

This is the biggest blemish with the sport we love. So called boxing fans hoping for another man's downfall. It's disgusting. Just like someone pointed out, after you take out taxes, it only makes sense that Floyd is worth $170 million. But despite what his detractors hope for, the guy is still living a pretty good life. Yes he has nice cars, mansions, and all the luxurious items that wealthy people have, but why should he get criticized for it? Most rich people by nice things. Jay Leno is loaded as has a heck of a car collection that would make Floyd's look like a joke. But he doesn't get criticized. He's earned his money in an honest fashion and can spend it how he likes. I hope he holds on to all of his money well after his career and I wish the same for all other boxers. It just seems a lot of these "fans" just want to be able to say, "I told ya so!" if Floyd ever goes broke.

Comment

Originally posted by 7_rocket View Post
                  Haters are gonna hate. I wonder who is behind the keyboard of some of these comments..

"Floyd is a loser and will definitely go broke"

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
                    I'm a financial adviser to high net worth clients, believe me i understand this better than most. Overcoming ones psychology is the key to investing. The market (ASX200) is at 4,000 and you can count on one hand how many clients you can convince to invest excess cash or take out a loan to "gear" into shares, which with our system of franking credits (a tax credit on dvidends) and tax deductions on the interest becomes very tax effective on the top marginal rate.

The market goes up above 5,000, close to 30% up and all of a sudden the clients call you wanting to put more money in.

Having money in the bank, even here in Oz where you can still get an annualised rate of 4.2% is a negative real return proposition after inflation and taxes.

Welcome to the world of financial repression.
                    why h had his money in the bank like that I'll never know. Maybe he doesn't like the volatility of the market. But unless he has more accounts which we don't know about he is costing himself millions.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferrarijones View Post
                      This is the biggest blemish with the sport we love. So called boxing fans hoping for another man's downfall. It's disgusting. Just like someone pointed out, after you take out taxes, it only makes sense that Floyd is worth $170 million. But despite what his detractors hope for, the guy is still living a pretty good life. Yes he has nice cars, mansions, and all the luxurious items that wealthy people have, but why should he get criticized for it? Most rich people by nice things. Jay Leno is loaded as has a heck of a car collection that would make Floyd's look like a joke. But he doesn't get criticized. He's earned his money in an honest fashion and can spend it how he likes. I hope he holds on to all of his money well after his career and I wish the same for all other boxers. It just seems a lot of these "fans" just want to be able to say, "I told ya so!" if Floyd ever goes broke.
                      floyd going broke is the only thing left for his scumiest haters. they just want to see floyd fail at something.

Comment

Working...
                      X