No announcement yet.

Canelo trained with floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oknoob View Post
    Im here in vegas for the fight and i heard from locals that he did. For defence i guess.
    Did Canelo beat Floyd in the race on the sand? Was there an embrace as they jumped around in way too short shorts?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Stop being such a child and pretending I
      m bashing him so you can make some kind of point. You're like these Golovkin worshipers that freak out when someone isn't on their knees, bowing in devotion. If you think he looked great, then I'm guessing you're another one of these chumps that were manipulated into believing that was a real fight, worth $100.

Boxing fans know Floyd was a great fighter. Boxing fans know he's not a great fighter anymore. And, that's ok. He's retired. He doesn't need to be great anymore.
      I have Floyd in my Top 20 of all-time. I don't need to "freak out" if someone bashes him. It's boxing, a sport full of petty fans, so there will always be those that bash.

I did have a party and order the fight and we knew it was an exhibition ahead of time. No reason to get upset if other people enjoyed it...that shouldn't bother you. You know, it's okay if other people have fun and you're not one of those people.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
        I have Floyd in my Top 20 of all-time. I don't need to "freak out" if someone bashes him. It's boxing, a sport full of petty fans, so there will always be those that bash.

I did have a party and order the fight and we knew it was an exhibition ahead of time. No reason to get upset if other people enjoyed it...that shouldn't bother you. You know, it's okay if other people have fun and you're not one of those people.
        If you're not bothered, why are you projecting so much and pretending that I'm upset about you having fun? I'm loling because it turns out I was right about you being a May/Mac buyer.
        Everyone can see you squirm here as you hop from topic to topic desperately trying to make a point and you're pretending you're all smiles.

We're done here. Go ahead and get in the last word and be sure to change the subject again and do some more projecting. It's all very believable.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanjLarose View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WLB-ANW9C0

guess OP was right (dont know how to embed)
          Lol that's not proof....

Comment

If you're not bothered, why are you projecting so much and pretending that I'm upset about you having fun? I'm loling because it turns out I was right about you being a May/Mac buyer.
            Everyone can see you squirm here as you hop from topic to topic desperately trying to make a point and you're pretending you're all smiles.

We're done here. Go ahead and get in the last word and be sure to change the subject again and do some more projecting. It's all very believable.
            Ummm....wat

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
              Forget the bs rumor the OPs grammar is some of the worst of all time, did this guy even finish elementary school?
              Indeed i finish school. English not my first language sry. When i speak 4 languages is hard to write in only 1 that u only understand.Lmao. War GGG sect 120 live boxing. Bye

Comment

Pics or gtfo

Comment

And, if he didn't train much (which I agree on) how would Canelo benefit from training w/ a guy who isn't on that level anymore? In fact, if that was Canelo in there w/ Floyd last month, Canelo would have leveled him.
                  That's no knock on Mayweather. I'm just saying that Canelo gets no benefit from training with him right now.
                  Well if we are talking about sparring then I Definelty agree with you. But I can't imagine Floyd not having at least some nuggets to offer cAnelo. Maybe he could show how to shoulder roll. There got to be something. I can't swallow Floyd not being able to offer Canelo something. There is a 15 year experience gap.

Comment

Why do people have such a hard time coming to terms with this? "He could have". Come on. If there's ANYONE in boxing who plays to his strengths, it's Floyd. It wasn't about being boring or not. He let Connor expend some energy in the first 3 (which is not up for debate because Floyd even said it himself) and then came on strong. But, the style he used was crude and not anything like the aggressive Mayweather we've seen in the past (apparently no one remembers his battering Gatti).

Classic Floyd, or even the one from 3 years ago, would have put a shellacking on Connor w/o having to lunge and put himself off-balance and cross-footed. The guy is 40 and came off a 2 year retirement. It only makes sense that he would, and did, look like a faded version of his former self. I'm not down with this fanbody bullshyt where we have to pretend that he is immortal and will always be #1 P4P no matter how old he gets. You can like a fighter without having to pretend he's superman.
                    Nope

Floyd could'have fought exactly like he did vs Berto and win a UD or late stoppage.

He fought that way on purpose, not because he can't fight anymore.
                    It's not that when you turn 40 you unlearn what you've done your entire life.

I agree that Floyd fought like garbage, but he even said that before and after the fight. He fought that sloppy way on purpose, just for the sake of the show. He knew Conor wasn't a treat so carried him a couple round before switching to second gear and kick his azz.
                    He used a style against Conor that he never used in his entire career, and he did that on purpose.
                    Last edited by Helm; 09-15-2017, 01:19 AM.

Comment

If anything, he did a little work in the gym, and might've asked for a few tips, and got a little tip or 2 about training, etc.

Doubt he actually trained with him Rocky 3 style.

Comment

Working...
                      X