No announcement yet.

Roy Jones Jr. vs Andre Ward - SMW/LHW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Roy Jones would treat Ward just like he did Hopkins and Toney..

Wide decision for Roy
    I think Roy wins , but Andre Ward is a thousand times more mentally tough than those two.

Ward would be able to Win 3 rounds. He'd probably headbutt[Not trying to diss] or Foul Roy and try to man handle him on the inside. Roy would still win a wide decision, but I think Ward could manage a few rounds.

Comment

Roy by a land slide and twice on sunday.

Comment

roy wasnt unbeatable, far from it in fact, but ward sure as hell wouldnt be good enough to be the one to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
          Of course Roy. RJJ was unbeatable at his peak.
          No such thing as unbeatable.

Archie Moore had 132 KO's

He'd bodybag RJJ.

Comment

jones has fast foot movement which will help him survive the early rounds but eventually ward is going to land on those balls and give them his patented fist of fury. I got ward by tony weeks stoppage in the 8th round after tony decides roy cant take anymore ball shots

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
              No such thing as unbeatable.

Archie Moore had 132 KO's

He'd bodybag RJJ.
              When people say unbeatable, they don't literally mean, unbeatable (for the most part). But a peak Jones was seriously as close to unbeatable as it gets, and against the best of the best in Hopkins, and Tobey. You can say Hopkins was green at the time, but that's still Hopkins. Any other fighter, and he probably beats him. It's not like he learned some amazing mystical technique after he fought Roy.

And man, Moore and Charles were so supremely talented, and fought in an Era with so much more talent, they'd for sure have the best chances to beat Roy, and even look good doing it. I did kind of forget about those 2 ATGs, and gotta respect those 2 legends.

And I also think Ward would give him hell, but ultimately lose, but of the 3, I slightly edge Ward in ring IQ. But out of those 3, I give Charles the best best chance to beat Roy, and I think he for sure could.

But make no mistakes about it, RJJ could just as easily beat them all, and also make it look spectacular. These are 4 of the most skilled and legendary fighters of all time, so you can't put it past any of them to pull off a victory.

But in keeping with this thread, I think RJJ would be the favorite in a fight with Ward.

Comment

Roy Jones wins.

If you want to see Jones vs Ward look at Jones vs Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
                  Of course Roy. RJJ was unbeatable at his peak.
                  This is correct.

He was unbeatable in his prime and didn't need 4 retirements to do it.

Did RJJ lose rounds? Very rarely. I heard a stat from Harold saying Roy won 90 rounds loss 5 on his scorecards. And this was before he even moved up to Light Heavy where he became undisputed champ

Comment

Andre Ward. Too smart in there.

Comment

I like Ward at Lighthvy over Jones.

Comment

Working...
                      X