USA mens boxing will never win Olympic Gold again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
    sounds like sour grapes to me
    No sour grapes. I didn't watch any Olympic boxing this year or the past few olympics. It just plain sucks to me.

People were putting to much into a useless event. Dudes that do pay attention are just newbe boxing fans or young guys. Hey I used to follow Olympic boxing when I started watching back In the early 80s but it has changed so much and not for the better.

How many Olympic gold medalist truly make an impact on the pro level. Not many.
    Last edited by boxinghead530; 08-20-2016, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
      No sour grapes. I didn't watch any Olympic boxing this year or the past few olympics. It just plain sucks to me.

People were putting to much into a useless event. Dudes that do pay attention are just newbe boxing fans or young guys. Hey I used to follow Olympic boxing when I started watching back In the early 80s but it has changed so much and not for the better.

How many Olympic gold medalist truly make an impact on the pro level. Not many.
      If you didn't care about it then why are you writing about it.

We understand you're guy lost but he didn't lose to an average joe he lost to an all time great amateur Olympic champ, no shame in that.

Ramirez is as great as it gets in the Olympic level .

Oh and a gold medal means a whole lot buddy, had Stevenson won im sure you would be waving that medal for him all around.

Olympic Gold is the ultimate prize and accomplishment in sports buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
        If you didn't care about it then why are you writing about it.

We understand you're guy lost but he didn't lose to an average joe he lost to an all time great amateur Olympic champ, no shame in that.

Ramirez is as great as it gets in the Olympic level .

Oh and a gold medal means a whole lot buddy, had Stevenson won im sure you would be waving that medal for him all around.

Olympic Gold is the ultimate prize and accomplishment in sports buddy.
        I'm here because it's a boxing forum. Did you forget that or are you a slow adult.

Olympic gold is the ultimate prize for all athletes I agree. But when it comes to boxing those same gold medalist majority of the time don't have that same success in the pros.

That's why I said I don't put to much into who wins gold and who doesn't.

Comment

It freaking sucks dude. Something needs to change because it's obvious the system we have now isn't cutting it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
            It freaking sucks dude. Something needs to change because it's obvious the system we have now isn't cutting it anymore.
            There are no good trainers in U.S. anymore just a bunch of dudes holding pads and doing flashy choreography. Emmanuel Stewart said years ago that there are few teachers left.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
              Yea you are right but those dude you mentioned wouldn't have got us the gold either.

I say who gives a sh$t. Amateur Olympic boxing sucks. Who cares about a gold medal. In the pro's that gold don't mean much. Every four years there's a gold medalist in each weight class. But tell me how many of them make a true impact on the pro world level. Not many.
              WTF are you talking about?

Not saying that, Amateur/Olympic Boxing is great I do think No Head Gear and new Scoring System did somewhat help for these Olympics but of course corruption will always but present. But no I wish guys wasn't allowed to go pro so early because I do think USA Teams would be much better.

Comment

hectari! what's up, "bruh"

Comment

shakur only lost 'cause floyd jinxed him, he jinxed bey, love, jack, smith and now him. seriously if floyd is pulling for you at ringside you are fucked

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                    shakur only lost 'cause floyd jinxed him, he jinxed bey, love, jack, smith and now him. seriously if floyd is pulling for you at ringside you are fucked
                    Floyd pulled for Pacquiao in 2005 he was at ringside and bet big money on Pac to stop Morales in the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                      Im very disappointed that is all.
                      Have more faith bro. I'm predicting gold for 2020

Comment

Working...
                      X