Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is GGG too small to move up when smaller fighters have jumped to '68 and beyond

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
    We're talking about world class fighters of similar caliber. We assume they all know how to use their reach. And the guy with longer reach will generally beat a guy with shorter reach. The point is moot.

Unifying means that anyone who wants to matter will have to fight him. And moving up still doesn't answer #2. SMW sucks. He can clean that division out with round 1 knockouts and still everyone will say "well, Froch pretty much did that too"

When DeGale/Jack unify, and Ramirez & Callum Smith make a name for themselves, then hell yeah it's worth it to move up. Right now it's stupid.
    You've just exposed how poor your knowledge of boxing really is. Longer reach can be an advantage and a disadvantage.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
      We're talking about world class fighters of similar caliber. We assume they all know how to use their reach. And the guy with longer reach will generally beat a guy with shorter reach. The point is moot.

Unifying means that anyone who wants to matter will have to fight him. And moving up still doesn't answer #2. SMW sucks. He can clean that division out with round 1 knockouts and still everyone will say "well, Froch pretty much did that too"

When DeGale/Jack unify, and Ramirez & Callum Smith make a name for themselves, then hell yeah it's worth it to move up. Right now it's stupid.
      if the point was moot, Cotto wouldnt have outjabbed Mosley....Mayweather wouldnt have outjabbed Corrales...the list goes on

thats like saying" he is tall he will be better outside".....thats not always the case. Paul williams didnt use his reach nor did margarito

if you think 168 sucks, im sure you think 160 sucks.

its been 3 years.....i think thats enough patience to see him fight an elite level guy....lemieux is a good fighter but wouldnt say he is as good as Degale.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
        You've just exposed how poor your knowledge of boxing really is. Longer reach can be an advantage and a disadvantage.
        its dumb to assume in boxing. Taller longer fighters get outjabbed often...its about timing, and controllig distance more than reach.

all these guy see are numbers and have no idea whats going on in a boxing ring

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          I'd like to watch this world class fighter actually fight world class fighters, from 160 and up....im just saying

wouldnt be any "moaning" if he was, now would it?
          well you lot are like a bunch of miserable old women, fed up of reading it. if you dont like ggg dont watch his fights, that goes for all of you haters and trolls

Comment

Off the top of my head I can think of 3 fighters who fought Golovkin in their first fight at middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
              well you lot are like a bunch of miserable old women, fed up of reading it. if you dont like ggg dont watch his fights, that goes for all of you haters and trolls
              blah blah blah blah....what you say again?

I havent watched a fight live since Lemieux and wont until he fights a top ten middleweight

NSB keeps me updated on his mismatches

Comment

blah blah blah blah....what you say again?

I havent watched a fight live since Lemieux and wont until he fights a top ten middleweight

NSB keeps me updated on his mismatches
                good, should stick to watching andre ward fight repeats on youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                  It's almost always an advantage, you know that.

Comment

I'd like to watch this world class fighter actually fight world class fighters, from 160 and up....im just saying

wouldnt be any "moaning" if he was, now would it?
                    No no no
                    You larryxxx and a bunch of Floyd fan boys converted Ward fan boys are crying for him to move up so he can lose and you all can say he is exposed and a the hype train has ended then reverting back to how great Floyd was and how many past prime cherry picks he had (they had belts doe)

You fools are like the 72 dolphins who get all paranoid whenever their record is threatened and then celebrate once the team loses. I'm perfectly fine with GGG fighting bjs, Can'tNelo, Jacobs then moving up. If only those poosies would sign to fight.

It's sad that the 3 mentioned blatantly ducked GGG but you guys focus on how GGG won't move up yet fail to say anything negative about any of them. Gee I wonder why is that... Agendas ???

Comment

its dumb to assume in boxing. Taller longer fighters get outjabbed often...its about timing, and controllig distance more than reach.

all these guy see are numbers and have no idea whats going on in a boxing ring
                      No it's not. It's about utilizing it some do others don't. Example the taller fighter doesn't always fight tall

Comment

Working...
                      X