No announcement yet.

Lucian Bute shows the gap between two eras

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucian Bute shows the gap between two eras

Notice how Froch and Pascal fought a very hard fight against each other years ago in what could have been a draw. Both defeated Bute convincingly after, especially Froch. Then look how these new guys, DeGale and Badou, are struggling with a past-prime Bute. I think that this new generation at 168lbs is a step below the previous generation and Bute is a very good indicator for that.

Indeed the S6 tournament was stacked with top notch smw talent.

Comment

Divisions go hot and cold all the time. Nothing new. Can't say I don't miss the SMW division when it was loaded though.

Comment

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
        Divisions go hot and cold all the time. Nothing new. Can't say I don't miss the SMW division when it was loaded though.
        The division is ice cold now. I really hope that Gilberto Ramirez will improve on things. Hopefully, Golovkin mans up to accept his challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
          The division is ice cold now. I really hope that Gilberto Ramirez will improve on things. Hopefully, Golovkin mans up to accept his challenge.
          Got a feeling that Golovkin could move up and rule the roost quite easily now that Ward is gone. He'll have to change his style a little though dealing with the size/reach/power that supermiddle brings.

Comment

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
            exactly..........

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Kewl Hair View Post
              Got a feeling that Golovkin could move up and rule the roost quite easily now that Ward is gone. He'll have to change his style a little though dealing with the size/reach/power that supermiddle brings.
              The only challenges I see for Golovkin at 168lbs are Andre Dirrell, James DeGale, Badou Jack, Callum Smith and Gilberto Ramirez. Other than that, he would most likely rule the division now when Ward is gone.

Comment

yeah perfectly said. during that fight i was thinking that all Bute needed was about 3-5% extra energy and he'd have that in the bag..poor fella is probably about 30% down on his prime and he still pushed them guys.

i always rated Bute very very highly but for some reason after Froch decimated him, people just blew him off and discredited his achievements. He was great!

Comment

Originally posted by Raimondo View Post
                  Indeed the S6 tournament was stacked with top notch smw talent.
                  The time of the super six tournament was the best time of the super middleweight division. I really wish that a new one was made. Imagine which interesting contests we could get with these participants:

DeGale, Jack, Ramirez, Smith, Andre Dirrell, Golovkin

Comment

This is the same Bute that fought Pascal and I thought Badou Jack beat Bute just as convincingly...No difference.

Comment

Working...
                    X