No announcement yet.

Reasoning why Canelo chose Khan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$$$

Say what you want about the match up, it is going to sell and it will do well at the Gate and I think the PPV Buys will be Decent
    Last edited by sicko; 02-03-2016, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Canelo's strategy seems to be to pick fights with the best of the smaller guys. Doesn't look good when he's obviously boiling down from middlweight. I think his team are fearful that he isn't ready for the bigger challenges at 160lb and 168lb just yet, and he is still young. Most of his physical advantages are lost once he goes up against a genuine middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by From Russia View Post
        No, he is not hard to hit, the reason why he wasnt KO'ed in recent years is because he hasnt fought punchers. His opponents since Garcia:

Molina, Diaz, Collazo, Alexander and Algieri.
        True, however Canelo normally doesn't do well walking down boxers and Khan will do just that. Not saying the fight isn't a mismatch, just saying there are fighters with better styles suited for him. This fight just doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
          $$$

Say what you want about the match up, it is going to sell and it will do well at the Gate and I think the PPV Buys will be Decent
          Oh I agree that it will do. However, Canelo never really has been a "pay me what I'm worth fighter". He's taken on more challenging fights that made sense that payed out way less. IE. Lara and Trout. This fight outside of $$$, doesn't make sense to me. Maybe I'm wrong about Canelo.

Comment

Working...
          X