Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General questions about trainer and training?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General questions about trainer and training?

Hey everyone,

I was wondering how others train with their trainer for upcoming amateur fights.

How does your coach prepare you for an amateur fight?

Do you do mostly do your own workout or does your trainer guide you throughout the training day?
    Such as pad work, and how often do you do that.
    Coach you as you train on the bag or as you shadow box?
    Any drills that you do?

Thanks!

Depends how many fighters are getting ready for the show! If there's a few they get my attention if my entire team is getting ready for a State Tourney or if we're invited to fight another clubs show then everyone gets less attention. There should be some guys with less experience than others so I would make sure I get to their needs just as I prepped the more experience guys when they were starting out!

So it depends how many are fighting and if I could stagger their time in the gym with groupings that could be equals for good sparring.

Theres a lot involved with a team compared to a few fighters getting ready.

Ray.

Comment

Thanks Ray for your reply!

I was wondering about this because in my case we have 6 fighters so I guess that is considered a team.

Although my trainers (we have 2) don't really give us any advice as we train. It is as if we train ourselves. Only here and there do I get any help. Does that sound right?

I mean I know this is an individual sport and it's up to your skills and understanding on how you perform, but shouldn't the trainers be a little more "there" to help you out. We do pad work but that is for only 2 rounds, but no drills of any sort.

Comment

Working...
      X