Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO: We Won't Pay Ward big bucks to fight a bum!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Master Chief View Post
    HBO is great for boxing. They are trying to make sure fighters aren't fighting bums to earn paydays.

HBO held boxing for many, many years.
    That is why Andre Berto got payed a million dollars for knocking out that one guy... what was his name? Oh yeah, nobody remembers.

Comment

Coming off shoulder surgery, he should be able to fight a tune up but not a real bottom feeder...someone with a name at least.

And for the guy who said Ward needs to fight overseas, SMH! He's hands down the best in & around his division, he doesn't have or need to go any where...I would like him to fight outside of Oakland though.

Comment

Originally posted by Triumph 916 View Post
        Coming off shoulder surgery, he should be able to fight a tune up but not a real bottom feeder...someone with a name at least.
        I think he should fight Jermain Taylor. He beat Truax, has a name and has won his last 3 fights.

Other than James DeGale, the rest of the top 10 are tied up.

Andre Dirrell is out there, but you know he won't fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Triumph 916 View Post

And for the guy who said Ward needs to fight overseas, SMH! He's hands down the best in & around his division, he doesn't have or need to go any where...I would like him to fight outside of Oakland though.
          He does need to fight somewhere else, forcing everyone to come to your hometown gets old fast.

Comment

Now that Showtime is their competition I'm glad HBO is taking things more seriously. Ward vs TBD would of happened a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by KJB View Post
              Get over yourself, Eurofan. Ward is the absolute top dog in his weight division and only second to maybe Floyd Mayweather in the entire sport. He doesn't have to travel, the biggest business in boxing is in the USA.
              Hard to imagine a real fan of the sport saying the best fighter should be frozen out because he doesn't want to do something that is absolutely against his best interest.
              Let me just put it like this, when you cheat to win, you dont deserve the credit of the win.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
                One tuneup is ok, then its freaking traveltime, this guy needs to prove he can fight on foreign soil like everyone else in smw has! Until then he should be frozen from the real big fights.

88 clinches, 3 headbutts, mistreating and scared - these words will always follow in his footsteps until he proves he can be the best under any circumstances.
                Right there. Reason #1 why I dont watch his fights. Green K!

Comment

The only way Ward gets back on HBO is if he moves up to 175...Fight a top 10 ranked contender at whichever commission supports it and you good - and have that one in Oakland just to make us cringe....then rematch Chad at 175 in VEGAS...then take the show on the road AROUND AMERICA. ALL of those Euro fighters would LOOVE to come to LV, ATC, NYC, MIA, LA, DS, CHI, ATL, you name it.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
                    Right there. Reason #1 why I dont watch his fights. Green K!
                    Im glad to see some Americans can put their nationality behind then and support whats right! That is a rare sight in this matter.

Comment

See, the days of Ward calling shots are over. No more hometown fights, no more hometown refs........no more draining opponents for advantages, time to see where you really stand in the game.

Comment

Working...
                      X