Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I make my own free standing punch bag?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
    Yeah, I'm not saying that it's a good thing to throw punches with full force in the air, of course the risks out weight the benefits, but if you're already in decent shape then it's unlikely that you'll easily get a torn rotator cuff.

As I've said, it's a lot more likely to get a muscular injury like a muscle tear or perhaps a ligament sprain in the shoulder. Before you tear your rotator cuff you're going to suffer from another injury.
    The buildup of acute trauma from improper training can (and in boxing, often does) result in a torn rotator cuff. I realize it wasn't you who said this information was false, and I fully agree with you that sprains are a far more common boxing injury that you're likely to suffer first, but I feel like at this point we're splitting hairs. I also feel that saying "careful or you'll suffer a sprain" doesn't get the same message across.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Boss Monies View Post
      I have never seen a free standing punching bag that didn't suck. Use a wall bag. You can't push with your punches or throw nonstop haymakers, but it's your best bet if you can't hang one up.

Also never punch full power in the air; that's how you tear a rotator cuff.

The neibours are complaining because their ceiling is cracking due to me punching my heavy bag when its laying against the wall so cant do that.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
        The neibours are complaining because their ceiling is cracking due to me punching my heavy bag when its laying against the wall so cant do that.
        Ah that sucks. Are there no local boxing gyms?

Comment

The buildup of acute trauma from improper training can (and in boxing, often does) result in a torn rotator cuff. I realize it wasn't you who said this information was false, and I fully agree with you that sprains are a far more common boxing injury that you're likely to suffer first, but I feel like at this point we're splitting hairs. I also feel that saying "careful or you'll suffer a sprain" doesn't get the same message across.
          Take it from me a loon that practiced full punches in the air regually (or at least I used to) you will get severe head/brain aches wayyy before anything else goes wrong. It cant be sustained you need the force to go into something otherwise it goes straight into your head.

Shadow box fairly lightly everyone

Comment

Ah that sucks. Are there no local boxing gyms?
            Thanks for your reply yea I go to a local boxing gym as well, but I like to train ALOT

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
              Take it from me a loon that practiced full punches in the air regually (or at least I used to) you will get severe head/brain aches wayyy before anything else goes wrong. It cant be sustained you need the force to go into something otherwise it goes straight into your head.

Shadow box fairly lightly everyone
              It sounds like you need to refine your shadowboxing technique.

Comment

It sounds like you need to refine your shadowboxing technique.
                probably lol I need to refine everything

Comment

Working...
                X