Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not having Facebook sign you're suspicious?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
    Not anyone from boxingscene, actually.
    maybe we should start a group with all of our bs names...or has that been done?

Comment

Originally posted by Haglerwins View Post
      Scanning for potential terrorists and political dissidents, yes. Keywords like bomb, explosive, felonous related content get flagged on the network. And given it's NSA, etc. it's very sophisticated.
      ....and you are worried about your info?

Comment

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
        One thing I will say is many people post a ridiculous amount of sensitive information without a care in the world. Same with twitter, you could practically stalk many people on there if you wanted to. "11 am, I'm at ___ cafe!", etc.

If you're a genuine stalker you know someone is at the "....Cafe" before they post it on Facebook- because you ****in' followed them there!

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
          maybe we should start a group with all of our bs names...or has that been done?
          No clue. I think most people on here are connected via their real accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
            ....and you are worried about your info?
            No, and that has nothing to do with it. Not subjecting to something like that, it starts out innocent when they're interested in criminal behavior and then they'll harass your everyday citizen in some way for identification etc.

And I'm right now that I think about it, because something like that almost made it through Congress. That employers had to have access to your Facebooks.

Comment

No, and that has nothing to do with it. Not subjecting to something like that, it starts out innocent when they're interested in criminal behavior and then they'll harass your everyday citizen in some way for identification etc.

And I'm right now that I think about it, because something like that almost made it through Congress. That employers had to have access to your Facebooks.
              Be more concerned that your Facebook postings, searches, or habits will result in businesses spamming you in some way.

Believe me, marketing people are far more interested in my boring life than the government is.

Comment

Be more concerned that your Facebook postings, searches, or habits will result in businesses spamming you in some way.

Believe me, marketing people are far more interested in my boring life than the government is.
                Nah, it won't be long until it's mandatory that you're on that social network with a valid ID if this keeps on. It's better people moved on to something else that doesn't have a government backdoor connected to it.

Comment

Nah, it won't be long until it's mandatory that you're on that social network with a valid ID if this keeps on. It's better people moved on to something else that doesn't have a government backdoor connected to it.

If it becomes that "1984"-esque people will just get off of it.

You're truly far more worried about it than you should be.

Big business wants you and runs your life more than the government does.

Comment

I never had and never will have a facebook page.

Comment

If it becomes that "1984"-esque people will just get off of it.

You're truly far more worried about it than you should be.

Big business wants you and runs your life more than the government does.
                      what part of mandatory did you miss in my post?

Like I said, it already almost became required any future bosses we work for have access to ours.

If it gets to the 1984 point, you won't be able to walk away. The more people that continue using it now knowing it's spyware are asking for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X