ESPN's Dan Rafael: MAYWEATHER-Cotto Will "Blow Away" Pacquiao-Bradley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
    60/40 is the split I would accept.

Look at the revenues (ppv+gate) for their fights. When you do the calc, it's pretty close to 60/40.
    I agree 60/40 is fair.

Comment

• Really going into last year (or was Berto-Ortiz I in 2010?) I would say Berto/Ortiz/Alexander/Bradley were all equally known/unknown. Perhaps Berto for his then undefeated record and Bradley for going and beating Junior Witter in his own backyard might have made them slightly more known. But really how can someone argue that Bradley is an unknown without conceding that Ortiz was essentially equal in popularity.

Comment

• they are both pretty close pac-jmm did 1.41 million, floyd-cotto 1.5, floyd isn't massively bigger like he claims.

however, obviously pac-bradley isn't going to do those types of numbers since bradley isn't known to anyone besides us boxing junkies, despite him being a very good fighter, so it will likely do 1.1 million, something like that. Floyd will have the upper hand at that point, so pac will have to take less money.

I do like the top rank idea of 45/45 with the extra 10 going to the winner, but that wont happen so 55/45 in favor of floyd or 60/40 at worst. But floyd is going to have to agree to that and drop his guarantee talk. I still don't think they'll be able to make it but we'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
          they are both pretty close pac-jmm did 1.41 million, floyd-cotto 1.5, floyd isn't massively bigger like he claims.

however, obviously pac-bradley isn't going to do those types of numbers since bradley isn't known to anyone besides us boxing junkies, despite him being a very good fighter, so it will likely do 1.1 million, something like that. Floyd will have the upper hand at that point, so pac will have to take less money.

I do like the top rank idea of 45/45 with the extra 10 going to the winner, but that wont happen so 55/45 in favor of floyd or 60/40 at worst. But floyd is going to have to agree to that and drop his guarantee talk. I still don't think they'll be able to make it but we'll see.
          Mayweather won't budge and Pac is talking about retirement (too). You think Pac/Bob will walk away with nothing?

You know Floyd is going to say take it or leave it. Will Pac just retire and not take anything? I can't see it.

Like I have said for a long time, Pac's last fight will be vs Floyd and Pac will take Floyd up on his offer as he won't have a choice let a lone the leverage to disagree anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
            Sure it does. Tons of people paid to watch it in theaters, and if that wasn't an option many of them would have ordered it on PPV.

MY BAD. I misunderstood.

I thought you meant from the financial reporting standpoint. It seems you meant in terms of cannabilization.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
              they are both pretty close pac-jmm did 1.41 million, floyd-cotto 1.5, floyd isn't massively bigger like he claims.

Nobody believes that Pac-JMM did 1.41 Mn ppv buys.

Can you please provide your most reputable source? Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by lacson View Post
                That's a given. Cotto has a huge Puerto Rican following himself. Alvarez has a huge Mexican following. Mosley has some following. Plus May 5, always huge boxing Mexican holiday. Mayweather has some fans too. LOL.

Bradley has none. Pacquiao will have to carry that whole PPV. Not sure who the undercards are, maybe Arce will bring in Mexicans.
                Then why didnt Manny take the bigger paying higher profile fight with his first choice of opponents Cotto , Cotto was willing ! Manny wanted him ! but hold up !! Cotto said NO CW and Manny took off looking for JWW Bradley , major DUCK on Mannys behalf !!

Comment

Working...
                X