No announcement yet.

Sam Peter vs. Robert Helenius on April 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Peter vs. Robert Helenius on April 2

The news media in Finland is reporting that Robert Helenius and Sam Peter will fight on the Sauerland card on April 2.

Marco Huck will be defending his WBO cruiserweight title against Fragomeni on that date.

This is a MUCH more interesting fight than Peter against Maurice Harris. Helenius definitely has a chance of winning, but I'm not sure he has enough experience to deal with such a dangerous puncher.

The winner will fight Eddie Chambers and become Wladimir Klitschko's IBF mandatory.
    Sam Peter by KO/TKO/RTD
    44.68%
    Sam Peter by decision
    6.38%
    Robert Helenius by KO/TKO/RTD
    23.40%
    Robert Helenius by decision
    14.89%
    Evenly matched, difficult to predict
    10.64%

The poll is expired.

Thats way better! thx for the news ! i think helneius can pull out the win after the beating sam peter got against wlad!

Comment

Quite a contrast between Robert Helenius opposition and that of Deontay Wilder.

Wilder is over protected, and because of that, will have a difficult time with live opponents when he eventually does face them.

Comment

If helenius beats peter than helenius vs chambers could be for the ibf title
        already cause if haye beats wlad.... we have to wait!

Comment

Sauerland is clearly hoping for the upset win for haye!
          They have done a great job getting povetkin an easy route to the title possibly fighting shot mormeck!

Comment

way ahead of you http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=464787

Comment

Added a poll.

This one is difficult to predict.

Sam Peter's experience fighting the Klitschkos may pay off here.

Helenius fights the same style as Wlad, but is nowhere near as athletic. His footwork isn't very good.

Both Helenius and Peter have one-punch KO power, both have good chins but poor defense.

I think it will be a slugfest, and someone will eventually get KOed - but I'm not sure which one.

Comment

Peter by KO.

Unless Peter shows up wieghing 300 pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                  Peter by KO.

Unless Peter shows up wieghing 300 pounds.
                  It's a very risky matchup for Helenius, who has just 14 pro fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom! View Post
                    Added a poll.

This one is difficult to predict.

Sam Peter's experience fighting the Klitschkos may pay off here.

Helenius fights the same style as Wlad, but is nowhere near as athletic. His footwork isn't very good.

Both Helenius and Peter have one-punch KO power, both have good chins but poor defense.

I think it will be a slugfest, and someone will eventually get KOed - but I'm not sure which one.
                    I rewatched some of his fights yesterday and alot of the knocks against him aren't accurate imo. His handspeed especially when throwing power punches is quite good. His footwork while nothing fancy is more than capable and honestly quite nimble at times and his reflexes in particular on D are again quite good.

Helenius stops Peter imo. More likely with some of his insane body punches but he'll be able to hurt him to the head too i think. Peter can't deal with Helenius, Mccline, Klitschko sized guys.

Comment

Working...
                    X