Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Taylor's physical advantages make a difference in the fight with Abraham?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A size/reach AND speed advantage is a powerful weapon.

BTW big difference in size:

Comment

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
      His physical advantages are overrated because he has terrible stamina. What good is a machine gun if the gun jams half way through shooting your target?

I'd much rather be Abraham. A slow starting fighter with a tight guard and a good chin (to survive the early Taylor onslaught), who will pick it up right around the time that Taylor starts slowing down.

Anyone that wants to bet on Taylor, I'll take Abraham.
      Because the flip side is that you've fired half a magazine of bullets.

In boxing terms: he will have done some damage, which may well affect AA's retaliation/later actions, will build Taylors lead, and finally, MAY help Taylors confidence, and thus performance, in the final stretch.

I'm not predicting anything, I just think your analogy is slightly flawed.

If I got shot 15 times I don't think it really matters if I get shot again or if I get shot 15 times again.

Comment

Taylor will be the BEST fighter that Abraham has fought.

Comment

3 good cracks on JTs jaw, and all the physical advantages go out the door and in comes rushing memories of Pavlik and Froch.

AA TKO 11.

Comment

Originally posted by The Bay Bomber View Post
            Taylor will be the BEST fighter that Abraham has fought.
            Except that Taylor has recently suffered 2 brutal KO losses.

Jermain at his best, properly motivated, fighting the right fight, beats AA hands down. But these are different circumstances.

Comment

Nope. Taylor's stamina sucks, his chin is is now in question, and I don't see him gettin a KO on AA. I think he fights a good fight but gets stopped late.

Comment

it'll make a differance but only slightly, AA a tough son of a *****.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
                  Jermain Taylor is not only taller than Arthur Abraham, he has a long reach advantage with significantly longer arms.

Will this make much of a difference in the fight? Abraham has fought taller, longer men before like Ikeke and Miranda and won.

What do you think?
                  Ikeke and Miranda can't scratch Taylor's ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy Krueger View Post
                    Won't make a difference, AA's guard is much better then Pavliks and Froch. Taylor would have to try and punch throw AA's guard at times if he can, AA has a pretty solid guard.
                    Thats all right, but AAs high-guard is only good against good fighters. For JT it will be no problem to hit AA. In Germany most boxers get teached this high-guard, AA had much succes with it, but for me the best thing in AAs defence-skills is his underrated footwork. He isn't dacing, but he knows when to get into the infight, move to the side or have a short break. I expect that he will move a lot. This is the key.

Concering the power I am sure that it will be very hard for JT, if he gets hit by AA. AA has really very good power. In the second Miranda Fight he showed us, what can happen. It was maybe just one fight with higher weight, but I am sure, he will hit way harder than as a drained Mw.

Even if Taylor is the fav., I really dont know, why most people thing AA is the fav. but OK. Taylor had all the tools to beat anybody, but for me he is not hungry anymore and he lost to many battles. Maybe this coming up fight will be his comeback, but AA will hurt him badly.

Comment

Abraham said in an interview with German sportspaper "Sport Bild" that he saw the need of adapting his style of fighting with the move up in weight.
                      He further stated that he's going to use an in/out strategy like Ottke to hinder Taylor throwing combos from the outside and making his single (heavy) hands count. On the inside he wants to throw combos to the body to slow Taylor down and making him slower in the process to beat him in the end, regardless if by KO or on points...Cheers...

Comment

Working...
                      X