No announcement yet.

Prospect most likely to fade into obscurity

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flawless View Post
    Why Tunney because he is black, that is only reason. Gamboa is way better than Khan
    True. He was a better Amateur.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
      Gamboa and Khan will have the most success out of those 4. both will take their respective divisions over in about 3-4 years or so.
      Gamboa turns 27 in December, he doenst have 3 to 4 years to wait to step up. I see Gamboa stepping up against the elite by early to mid next year.
      Khan is another story. Khan shouldnt fight an elite fighter until this time next year at the soonest, and thats if his defense improves steadily with his competition. I am still not sure about that one.
      Yuriorkis though, that kid is gonna be dynamite while he lasts, I could see him taking some belts.

Comment

Originally posted by badboypeenoy View Post
        True. He was a better Amateur.
        debateable.

Imagine if Khan stayed Amateur. He'd have cleaned up. With 4 years more experience. Khan would have been very very very decorated. He's made for the Am's

Comment

Originally posted by sparked_85 View Post
          debateable.

Imagine if Khan stayed Amateur. He'd have cleaned up. With 4 years more experience. Khan would have been very very very decorated. He's made for the Am's
          Probably. Maybe if he stayed on for another Olympics he'd be a gold medalist too like Gamboa.

Comment

Probably. Maybe if he stayed on for another Olympics he'd be a gold medalist too like Gamboa.
            You could tell the more experience guys in the last Olympics, the Americans got completely picked off not because they were **** but because Europeans know the Amateur game inside out and back to front. Khan would have been competing regularly for the last four years on the european circuit, in the Am's if he had stayed he'd be pretty close to unbeateable.

Comment

Those two have recently been floored too. Khan has been floored how many times in his short career, 3-4? He hasn't even been with the power punchers of the division yet.
              yeah, each time he has come back to ko his victim. pacquiao as well has been floored by lesser fighters in much lower divisions than he fought agaisnt barrera and morales but yet he can take big punches very well now. dlh is known to have an iron chin yet he got dropped 3 times at 135 by Mike Grable.

Khan and Gamboa are just fighting wide open against the competition they are getting to give their fans their moneys worth right now, but as soon as they step up the competition against the elite, you won't see khan sticking his chin out or gamboa with his gloves too low.

Comment

cassius clay.he talks to much.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
                  yeah, each time he has come back to ko his victim. pacquiao as well has been floored by lesser fighters in much lower divisions than he fought agaisnt barrera and morales but yet he can take big punches very well now. dlh is known to have an iron chin yet he got dropped 3 times at 135 by Mike Grable.

Khan and Gamboa are just fighting wide open against the competition they are getting to give their fans their moneys worth right now, but as soon as they step up the competition against the elite, you won't see khan sticking his chin out or gamboa with his gloves too low.
                  Khan enjoys a big height, reach plus amateur-experience advantage over his opponents. For him to be dropped by a fighter he's supposed to toy with, speaks well of his ability to take a punch.

I'd love to see him perform against a fighter whom he doesn't enjoy much of these advantages...say an Urbano Antillon - still smaller than Khan but a lot better than Graham Earl.

Comment

Amir Khan is tall enough to move up in weight to 140. He could be successful as a jr. welter.

I don't see Concepcion reaching an elite status or anything like that, he's fun to watch anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Dambala View Post
                      Amir Khan is tall enough to move up in weight to 140. He could be successful as a jr. welter.

I don't see Concepcion reaching an elite status or anything like that, he's fun to watch anyway.
                      I think we should revisit your post.

Comment

Working...
                      X