Kaepernick files grievance against NFL owners for collusion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Kaepernick files grievance against NFL owners for collusion

Link: https://www.thescore.com/news/1398639

Colin Kaepernick has filed a grievance under the collective bargaining agreement against NFL team owners for collusion, reports Mike Freeman of Bleacher Report.

Kaepernick has hired high-profile attorney Mark Geragos and is preparing to release a statement about his grievance soon, added Freeman.

The free-agent quarterback has remained unemployed since opting out of his contract with the San Francisco 49ers in March and has garnered little interest from teams around the league.

This has caused some to suggest he's being blackballed for his national anthem protests during the 2016 season.

Kaepernick appeared in 12 games for 49ers in 2016, throwing for 2,241 yards with 16 touchdowns to four interceptions.

His 90.7 passer rating ranked 17th in the league, ahead of 10 quarterbacks who were starters going into the 2017 season.

Originally posted by The Tribe View Post
    Link: https://www.thescore.com/news/1398639

Colin Kaepernick has filed a grievance under the collective bargaining agreement against NFL team owners for collusion, reports Mike Freeman of Bleacher Report.

Kaepernick has hired high-profile attorney Mark Geragos and is preparing to release a statement about his grievance soon, added Freeman.

The free-agent quarterback has remained unemployed since opting out of his contract with the San Francisco 49ers in March and has garnered little interest from teams around the league.

This has caused some to suggest he's being blackballed for his national anthem protests during the 2016 season.

Kaepernick appeared in 12 games for 49ers in 2016, throwing for 2,241 yards with 16 touchdowns to four interceptions.

His 90.7 passer rating ranked 17th in the league, ahead of 10 quarterbacks who were starters going into the 2017 season.
    Help me out here but didn't he willingly walk away from his contract with the 49ers?

Comment

Originally posted by The Comic DON View Post
      Help me out here but didn't he willingly walk away from his contract with the 49ers?
      I'm not 100% sure about this. Maybe someone else can chime in.

But he's basically saying that all of the NFL owners have colluded against him and are refusing him employment due to his political leadership and stance on violence towards people of color.

Comment

Originally posted by The Comic DON View Post
        He opted out. So yes

Comment

But he's basically saying that all of the NFL owners have colluded against him and are refusing him employment due to his political leadership and stance on violence towards people of color.
          But it might be a tough case to proceed with since he opted out of his contract.

Comment

Sorry Colin, its time to go work at Walmart.

Comment

That seems to be what he is saying, yeah.

It's possible that he is right, I guess.

Or it could just be that the NFL owners are kind of risk averse. While they could agree with his sentiments, they can also see him as being kind of disruptive and risky to manage the public messages effectively.

Which perhaps would come under a type of political discrimination complaint rather than a collusion complaint. Dunno.

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco Slim View Post
                Sorry Colin, its time to go work at Walmart.
                I can assure you he has MANY options other than Walmart. He isn't you, an average joe. He's a world class athlete.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
                  That seems to be what he is saying, yeah.

It's possible that he is right, I guess.

Or it could just be that the NFL owners are kind of risk averse. While they could agree with his sentiments, they can also see him as being kind of disruptive and risky to manage the public messages effectively.

Which perhaps would come under a type of political discrimination complaint rather than a collusion complaint. Dunno.

Team owners have a right to look at his divisionistic rhetoric, and his worn history.. Like they would any employee.

Comment

I can assure you he has MANY options other than Walmart. He isn't you, an average joe. He's a world class athlete.
                    His other options as an athlete is the cfl, he could make a living doing Something just from his name recognition

Comment

Working...
                    X