McGregor Decision 4 0.76%
McGregor KO 53 10.08%
Draw 3 0.57%
Robbery 13 2.47%
Voters: 526. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2017, 06:04 PM #181
Like Old Timez Mang!

Quoted: 8399 Post(s)
LalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,600,656,380,166.43
Total Points: 35,000,004,601,657,212,928.00
cheers for Polish girls - Canelo and GGG Bigdramashow! DIZ BOX! - 1hourRun Here's a fish. A striped one. Saltwater I think. - Mike D Thought id get you a positive gift, LOL! - JK1700 green k aswell - Tha_Greatest 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDanHamza View Post
Well he's not fat like Maidana but he's about 180 lbs in shape.

He very much does go into camp and cuts weight
He's always training. Does that mean all boxers are cutting weight in training? What is Errol's Walk around weight? He said if you don't stay in shape you can hit heavier weights. Again, show me a video where Alvarez off season or training or twitter pics where he is in the 180s! That would mean most Super Welters + are in the 190s? Again, comparing Chino is very comedic comparison to elites..

Kovalev and Bellew walk around 200+ so who cares?
LalinPromotions is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-08-2017, 06:13 PM #182
BoxingScene Icon

Quoted: 3277 Post(s)
IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 200,701,493,038,997,733,376.00
Total Points: 200,702,522,259,114,196,992.00
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps Your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 ATG Boxingscene Poster - JohnnyRebel Im glad you learned how to use internet Grandpa - Canelo and GGG 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
He's always training. Does that mean all boxers are cutting weight in training? What is Errol's Walk around weight? He said if you don't stay in shape you can hit heavier weights. Again, show me a video where Alvarez off season or training or twitter pics where he is in the 180s! That would mean most Super Welters + are in the 190s? Again, comparing Chino is very comedic comparison to elites..

Kovalev and Bellew walk around 200+ so who cares?
I don't understand what your point is.

I never compared Chino. You brought him up. Chino didn't baloon like he did when he retired when he was an active fighter anyway so it's irrelevant.

I used Canelo as an example because he is another fighter who walks around alot heavier than his fight weight and cuts a lot of weight.

Canelo rehydrates to 170+ lbs. Walks around close to 180. It's common knowledge he had a hard time making 154.

Mcgregor doesn't get fat between fights does he? I've been told he walks around at 170 lbs.
IronDanHamza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 06:21 PM #183
Interim Champion

Quoted: 240 Post(s)
USMCer is just really niceUSMCer is just really niceUSMCer is just really niceUSMCer is just really niceUSMCer is just really nice
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 45,456.85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slip Stream View Post
What are some of the matchups some dumb ass boxers would take "a ton of money" for? I mean, it would be strange to see a boxer get in the octagon and actually make a living wage there, whereas many UFC fighters don't make squat. The logic escapes me....
I thought you were talking Floyd, specifically. But yeah, it's not the same for any random Boxer.

I think there is more money being made in MMA than in Boxing now-a-days. But in MMA the athletes get fleeced different than they do in Boxing.

The sport of Boxing doesn't have a "UFC" like the sport of MMA does. The UFC is such a well-known brand that they hold all the cards in MMA. The fighters take it up the azz when it come to the split. No one knows exactly how much, but it's estimated that the fighters only get 15%.

So I think you're right... a random Boxer wouldn't necessarily do any better (or as well) going to MMA, in terms of money/earnings... but it also depends on who you are, what level you're at...

Heather Hardy talking about going from Boxing to MMA...

Cliffnotes: At the highest level of Boxing, MMA can not compare. But at the middle and lower levels, MMA might offer the better paydays

She got paid more in her MMA debut with Bellator, then for any Boxing match in her 20-0 career

@2:05
[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

Last edited by USMCer; 07-08-2017 at 06:24 PM.
USMCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 06:41 PM #184
Like Old Timez Mang!

LalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond repute
cheers for Polish girls - Canelo and GGG Bigdramashow! DIZ BOX! - 1hourRun Here's a fish. A striped one. Saltwater I think. - Mike D Thought id get you a positive gift, LOL! - JK1700 green k aswell - Tha_Greatest 

Quote:
I don't understand what your point is.

I never compared Chino. You brought him up. Chino didn't baloon like he did when he retired when he was an active fighter anyway so it's irrelevant.

I used Canelo as an example because he is another fighter who walks around alot heavier than his fight weight and cuts a lot of weight.

Canelo rehydrates to 170+ lbs. Walks around close to 180. It's common knowledge he had a hard time making 154.

Mcgregor doesn't get fat between fights does he? I've been told he walks around at 170 lbs.
McGregor is taller than Chino, Floyd, and Alvarez. Do you see how huge Conor walks around with tight outfits? He isn't remotely thin in walk around weight, just bulked muscle like Alvarez. One could argue that McGregor and Alvarez are the same walk around weight considering Conor's taller. IF you squeeze Conor's frame and height to Alvarez he's look just as bulked up and stocky. Therefore Conor walks around 180.

name some boxers that come in draining anything close to the appearance of Conor consistently? I know of one, that's Brook! and Conor makes Brook look like an amateur in weight draining just to get a belt at extremely low weights, therefore, it's obvious the UFC lets this kat roid up to sustain the power for fight night. It's just obvious! Look at Diaz weigh ins, Conor comes in more comfortable like guys in our sport. Of course Conor was knocking out dudes naturally smaller than him at Featherweight along with the roids...

Alvarez looked the same as when he fought Floyd with Smith... There's simply no comparison in weight cutting for Conor vs Alvarez. The difference is regulation. What the UFC contracts detail and its corruption... and since USADA implemented partnership with UFC, have we seen Conor at Featherweight?!

Why bring up Chino? Becuase without the juice Conor can't hit as hard as Chino, a seasoned boxer...
Old 07-08-2017, 06:55 PM #185
BoxingScene Icon

IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps Your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 ATG Boxingscene Poster - JohnnyRebel Im glad you learned how to use internet Grandpa - Canelo and GGG 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
McGregor is taller than Chino, Floyd, and Alvarez. Do you see how huge Conor walks around with tight outfits? He isn't remotely thin in walk around weight, just bulked muscle like Alvarez. One could argue that McGregor and Alvarez are the same walk around weight considering Conor's taller. IF you squeeze Conor's frame and height to Alvarez he's look just as bulked up and stocky. Therefore Conor walks around 180.

name some boxers that come in draining anything close to the appearance of Conor consistently? I know of one, that's Brook! and Conor makes Brook look like an amateur in weight draining just to get a belt at extremely low weights, therefore, it's obvious the UFC lets this kat roid up to sustain the power for fight night. It's just obvious! Look at Diaz weigh ins, Conor comes in more comfortable like guys in our sport. Of course Conor was knocking out dudes naturally smaller than him at Featherweight along with the roids...

Alvarez looked the same as when he fought Floyd with Smith... There's simply no comparison in weight cutting for Conor vs Alvarez. The difference is regulation. What the UFC contracts detail and its corruption... and since USADA implemented partnership with UFC, have we seen Conor at Featherweight?!

Why bring up Chino? Becuase without the juice Conor can't hit as hard as Chino, a seasoned boxer...
Conor McGregor can't punch as hard as Robert Guererro let alone Marcos Maidana. I still don't get your point.

I don't disagree that McGregor cuts ridiculous weight to make 145. Then again so would Canelo at 145 infact I doubt he even could make that weight without seriously damaging himself.

All I said was Floyd has dealt with fighters rehydrating massive amounts of weight many times.
Old 07-08-2017, 06:56 PM #186
Interim Champion

Quoted: 240 Post(s)
USMCer is just really niceUSMCer is just really niceUSMCer is just really niceUSMCer is just really niceUSMCer is just really nice
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 45,456.85

This is GSP and Conor when Conor was still fighting at 145lbs.

GSP is the GOAT of 170lbs in MMA.

Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
USMCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 07:05 PM #187
Like Old Timez Mang!

Quote:
Conor McGregor can't punch as hard as Robert Guererro let alone Marcos Maidana. I still don't get your point.

I don't disagree that McGregor cuts ridiculous weight to make 145. Then again so would Canelo at 145 infact I doubt he even could make that weight without seriously damaging himself.

All I said was Floyd has dealt with fighters rehydrating massive amounts of weight many times.
I can't see Jermall Charlo or Jacobs hitting 147... of course they could, but we'd need some nice PEDs to prep em up on fight night. Why didn't the UFC discipline Nate Diaz saying the whole UFC roided
Old 07-08-2017, 07:15 PM #188
BoxingScene Icon

Quote:
I can't see Jermall Charlo or Jacobs hitting 147... of course they could, but we'd need some nice PEDs to prep em up on fight night. Why didn't the UFC discipline Nate Diaz saying the whole UFC roided
I ain't got a clue why.

Does Nate Diaz have access to that kind of information?
Old 07-08-2017, 07:17 PM #189
Like Old Timez Mang!

Quote:
I ain't got a clue why.

Does Nate Diaz have access to that kind of information?
what do you mean? how many top elite UFC athletes, the one's that run its game, got caught on something?
Old 07-08-2017, 07:23 PM #190
BoxingScene Icon

Quote:
what do you mean? how many top elite UFC athletes, the one's that run its game, got caught on something?
I don't watch UFC or know any of the fighters except Mcgregor, Diaz and Alvarez and Rampage Jackson so I have no idea.

Don't get what your point is again.

Last edited by IronDanHamza; 07-08-2017 at 07:25 PM.

Share This With Friends

Tags
(embedded, conference, conor, fight, floyd, mayweather, mcgregor, official, press, thread, toronto, video)

User Tag List