Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has UFC officially fallen into the same deathtraps as boxing???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has UFC officially fallen into the same deathtraps as boxing???

Mma in general and ufc in particular has as always been proud of matching the best with the best.

Now that ufc catches its big break on national tv instead of showcasing everything mma truly has to offer it stacks a bunch of striker vs striker fights for entertainment value. Highlighlited by newly signed cung le who is without a doubt 1 of the top 3 strikers in mma and instead of being matched tough against a fighter who can test his defficiencies is being used as a marketing tool with a fight tailor made to showcase his high flying kung fu movie style to undoubtedly attract a younger audience to ufc.

UFC 139 is on free TV?

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
      UFC 139 is on free TV?
      I don't think Shogun vs Hendo is but he's talking about Velasquez vs Dos Santos

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_on_...vs._Dos_Santos

Comment

Originally posted by Big BRICKS View Post
        I don't think Shogun vs Hendo is but he's talking about Velasquez vs Dos Santos

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_on_...vs._Dos_Santos
        Oops. My mistake. I don't know why I thought that whole card was the undercard for velasquez-dos santos. But still cung le is in I believe his 7th or 8th mma bout and he has yet to fight a grappler. Fine in the bushleagues but the ufc is still matching him with brawlers.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
          Oops. My mistake. I don't know why I thought that whole card was the undercard for velasquez-dos santos. But still cung le is in I believe his 7th or 8th mma bout and he has yet to fight a grappler. Fine in the bushleagues but the ufc is still matching him with brawlers.
          Well you have to understand that UFC, just like boxing, NFL, etc. are all entertainment businesses first and foremost. Even if the UFC truly has no other intention than matching the best fighters up, they have to look at what sells. The viewer audience sees stand up fighters are more exciting.. I can guarantee you that if the UFC was a Brazilian based organization that we'd be watching much more grappling.

Comment

No.

The UFC uses team sports as a model for business.

They are basically trying to get the UFC to be the organization for the sport. Just like the NFL, MLB, etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
              Last time I checked Frank Shamrock was considered one of the best grapplers, f**k that, P4P one of the best ever.

Sure, sure, he was past his prime, yadda, yadda... well, Cung Le is roughly around the same age as Frank, w/ much less experience in the cage, especially at that level. It all evens out and Cung Le f**ked his &ss up from head to toe.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                No.

The UFC uses team sports as a model for business.

They are basically trying to get the UFC to be the organization for the sport. Just like the NFL, MLB, etc etc.
                UFC uses the WWE wrestling model. Do some research, it's not that complicated to understand.

I think the UFC's product has finally become stale for many people.

Comment

Cung le is rubbish.. he would have got destroyed by Belfort who admitedly is a good striker...

lol at Cungle being a top 3 striker in mma as well

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
                    UFC uses the WWE wrestling model. Do some research, it's not that complicated to understand.

I think the UFC's product has finally become stale for many people.

You can go with that too.

It's still the organization for the sport. WWE or bust in that business field.

Remember WCW? Does that exist anymore?

Comment

Working...
                    X