No announcement yet.

Timothy Bradley reveals why he didn't take the Khan offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
    Most people with COMMON SENSE and who can discuss boxing without being BIASED...THEY KNOW HE IS NOT DUCKING KHAN!

But it makes Khan fans feel good to say "HE IS DUCKING KHAN" I guess so let them
    "What happens if I lose to Khan, man?"

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Bradley knew this yet still called out Khan for July 23rd?

Bradley was not telling the truth.
      Most likely was Bradley talking before he talked to his promoter(which I believe he said in the interview)and putting his foot in his mouth..But Bradley talking about a contract is totally different and like I said if Bradley would have fought Khan on the 23rd,it would have meant an extension..

Comment

YEAH...WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF HE LOSE TO KHAN? Especially when he is about to become a Free Agent

No different then asking "WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF I GET INTO A CAR ACCIDENT AND I DON'T HAVE INSURANCE", you can drive around safe as possible and try your best to avoid it from happening but it is still no guarantee that you Won't CRASH...ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN

Arum is mentioning his name as a possible opponent to fight Pacquiao next...so Bradley is actually in the DRIVER SEAT by just sitting back and letting the contract RUN UP...who cares about a few fans talking **** and calling him a "DUCKER", some of todays boxing fans are not very smart anyway and most of them are FRONT RUNNERS (especially the Casual Fans)

Not like he is saying "I NEVER WANT TO FIGHT KHAN", clearly he just want to get away from Gary Shaw BEFORE FIGHTING HIM
        Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 06-02-2011, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Bad choice of words no doubt,but let's look at what happens to Bradley and Khan if either man would have lost that fight..

Bradley:Although paid well would have been out of a contract with HBO and would not be in a good position to make(a lucrative)a deal with a Major promotion company..

Khan:would be right back on the airwaves because he has a multi fight deal with HBO and GBP..And would be in line for a tittle shot of some sort because of who he is promoted by...

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
            OMG, so Bradley was lying when he called Khan out for July 23rd but he was telling the truth about there being a contract extension...

C'mon Romebyko, you can't have it both ways.
            Wazaa,got to love ya man..

Comment

Valid Reason, if Bradley signs to fight in July under Shaw then that means there's a contractual extension, he obviously doesn't want to stay with Shaw, I got a feeling he's gonna sign with Top Rank and fight Khan, then Berto or Ortiz, and if he beats them he'll fight Manny Pacquiao soon.

Shaw won't get Bradley to Pacquiao, Arum CAN!, at the end of the day it's business, you don't train 8 weeks in camps, and jump in to fight for your family to eat, so don't knock the man for making business moves that make sense to him

Comment

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
                Valid Reason, if Bradley signs to fight in July under Shaw then that means there's a contractual extension, he obviously doesn't want to stay with Shaw, I got a feeling he's gonna sign with Top Rank and fight Khan, then Berto or Ortiz, and if he beats them he'll fight Manny Pacquiao soon.

Shaw won't get Bradley to Pacquiao, Arum CAN!, at the end of the day it's business, you don't train 8 weeks in camps, and jump in to fight for your family to eat, so don't knock the man for making business moves that make sense to him
                Says who? Bradley never said there was, and Shaw said they can go separate ways after the fight.

Bradley also said, "What If I lose".

I don't understand why people are trying to defend it. He was going to make his biggest payday ever by far, and he ducked, cause he wasn't positive he could win.

Comment

Bradley is actually very smart here, he will go to top rank and get a nice bonus. Get away from shaw who is a complete dirtbag. And he cam still fight Amir khan down the line or even pacman.

There is zero reason for anyone to knock this move, it was the right move.

Comment

Originally posted by romebyko View Post
                    Bad choice of words no doubt,but let's look at what happens to Bradley and Khan if either man would have lost that fight..

Bradley:Although paid well would have been out of a contract with HBO and would not be in a good position to make(a lucrative)a deal with a Major promotion company..

Khan:would be right back on the airwaves because he has a multi fight deal with HBO and GBP..And would be in line for a tittle shot of some sort because of who he is promoted by...
                    Khan was willing to take that chance to be the world champion and Bradley wasn't, so don't try to bring in that crap.

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                    Bradley is actually very smart here, he will go to top rank and get a nice bonus. Get away from shaw who is a complete dirtbag. And he cam still fight Amir khan down the line or even pacman.

There is zero reason for anyone to knock this move, it was the right move.
                    Arum is such an angel.

Comment

Well, that actually does make sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X