Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else has a problem with achilles tendinitis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else has a problem with achilles tendinitis?

It sucks doesn't it?

I burst into a full run once w/o warming up and had a nagging achilles for 5+ years. It was terrible. Couldn't do anything w/o it nagging me.
    Not exercising made it worse. Taking cissus herb and doing mild sprints for a year made it go away.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      I burst into a full run once w/o warming up and had a nagging achilles for 5+ years. It was terrible. Couldn't do anything w/o it nagging me.
      Not exercising made it worse. Taking cissus herb and doing mild sprints for a year made it go away.
      I got mine from overtraining I guess.

When it hurts I take few days off and then it's better.

For most of the time it's ok and I don't feel it. I just hope I don't snap my achilles during sparring one day like Haye vs Bellew.

Comment

I burst into a full run once w/o warming up and had a nagging achilles for 5+ years.
        Did you box during those 5 years?

Comment

Originally posted by RedZmaja View Post
          Did you box during those 5 years?
          No. I stuck with bodybuilding, then went to jiu-jitsu. Once I got into boxing, the light sprints actually helped. Sometimes, working a tendon lightly actually builds up the muscles around it, reduces inflammation, and helps healing. With tendons, you always want to warm up (not stretch, but warm up) and rest if it gets too painful. They are weird in that both inactivity and over activity are bad. The only real issues I've ever suffered are tendons so I've done a shyt ton of research and experimentation as to how to deal with them.

Comment

i remember playing ball with a dude and his achilles snapped, sounded like a .22

Comment

No. I stuck with bodybuilding, then went to jiu-jitsu. Once I got into boxing, the light sprints actually helped. Sometimes, working a tendon lightly actually builds up the muscles around it, reduces inflammation, and helps healing. With tendons, you always want to warm up (not stretch, but warm up) and rest if it gets too painful. They are weird in that both inactivity and over activity are bad. The only real issues I've ever suffered are tendons so I've done a shyt ton of research and experimentation as to how to deal with them.
              I noticed that too with achilles tendonitis.

What seems to helps me personally is if I warm up for a really long time. That's why I like to have 3 or even 4 hours long training session where I would just lightly warm up for half an hour and then do some easy shadowboxing, maybe some easy running. And then for the next 2 hours training at full and then another half an hour of stretching.

This seems to be the most optimal training regime for me. When we have our regular boxing trainings I come like an hour early and go to the gym (it's in the same building) to warm up.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
                i remember playing ball with a dude and his achilles snapped, sounded like a .22
                OMG, I am cringing at the thought of that.... Yikes.

Originally posted by RedZmaja View Post
                I noticed that too with achilles tendonitis.

What seems to helps me personally is if I warm up for a really long time. That's why I like to have 3 or even 4 hours long training session where I would just lightly warm up for half an hour and then do some easy shadowboxing, maybe some easy running. And then for the next 2 hours training at full and then another half an hour of stretching.

This seems to be the most optimal training regime for me. When we have our regular boxing trainings I come like an hour early and go to the gym (it's in the same building) to warm up.
                So smart. I have a boxing set up at home now but when I was going to the gym, the younger guys would ask me why I spent extra time warming up before my training and sparring sessions. It was for this reason exactly. Just about every time I get an injury, it's from doing something explosive without fully warming up. Thankfully, they've all gone away at some point or another.

Comment

Why do I have feeling that we're going to find out that Red is actually David Haye?

J/K

Comment

I've had it to an acute level on both sides.

Eccentric heel drops really were key. But rehabilitation was painful and took a while. Very important not to stop exercising. It definitely takes longer without the correct exercises.....

Comment

Working...
                    X