Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carl Froch well and truly took George Groves SOUL.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That version of Froch would destroy the Current Golovkin.

Comment

he got cobra'd

Comment

His jab is still there but the right hands gone.

I remember watching the Badou Jack and thinking it's o.k at some point he is going to to get through with a right hand because he always did. But it went. He kept is close with his jab and activity but that explosiveness has disappeared and has never come back since Froch 2.

He should be able to be able to win this with just his jab which is powerful though. I might be being disrespectful to Chudinov but Groves is essentially a light heavyweight.

I like George but if he loses he'll retire. Too much psychological wear and tear and he has a few quid in the bank surely.
        Last edited by Sparked_26; 05-27-2017, 04:22 AM.

Comment

Groves shouldn't have left Adam Booth

Comment

yep, maybe i was not entirely accurate when ive been saying hes 'shot'

'cobra'd' is far more apt.

Comment

He may scrape through tonight but James DeGale will knock him out in the near future. Probably in a London venue, in front of 10-15,000.

Comment

Howard Foster should never have refed that Froch vs Groves 1 fight - oh look who's refereeing Brook vs Spence tonight. I will always remember Carl getting knocked down on his ass by Groves and AND for being FAKE. It was dead funny watching Froch get SCHOOLED by Andre 'SOG' Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Scholar View Post
                  He may scrape through tonight but James DeGale will knock him out in the near future. Probably in a London venue, in front of 10-15,000.
                  Degale just can't put it together at that level for 12 rounds.

I think that fight is always close because Groves is so consistent with his jab and Degale is inconsistent with virtually everything.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
                    He has looked a lot better in recent fights, which would suggest that he's returned to old Groves especially since he got a new trainer. I don't know if this fight will prove that because Chudinov is literally tailor made for Groves, you couldn't pick a better opponent to fight for the vacant title.
                    why is chudinov tailor made for grove? The guy has a good workrate and throws good jabs, goes to the body and can also fight from the insidel
                    His jab will work on grove when he starts to get slower. Even Gutknecht landed his jabs in the second half of the fight.
                    Chudinov isnt necessarily a pressure fighter, so im not sure if he will push groves to the ropes, but groves has the tendency to move straight backwards to the ropes and is really fragile in that position, because his defense is not tight enough.
                    Groves always slows down in the second half and Chudinov gets stronger, so I dont see it as a clear cut fight.

Comment

He wasn't quite the same after the first fight, and the second fight finished him off. He still has a little something left I think, but he'll never be the same again.

Comment

Working...
                      X