No announcement yet.

FASTING; tell me your experiences.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FASTING; tell me your experiences.

There's been a lot of evidence regarding fasting supporting immune function, cell regeneration, etc. I've never delved into it because I have a fast metabolism (possibly hypoglycemic too) and feel weak if I don't eat every 4 or 5 hours. But, I'm really considering at least trying to fast. Wondering what you guys have done and how it worked out for you.

I was very hungry but I never missed weight to where a bout was cancelled. I remember one time I came in heavy because I just said **** it. I figured the guy would want the money and would take the bout. He excepted and we each made some money......

Comment

I fast often when attending special events or for big gatherings - so I look slimmer than usual. As long as I don't have things in the house that might get me munching, I can do it. If I have the wrong food around, it gets much harder to fight cravings because I know its within reach.

Comment

Thx for the replies. I really don't want or need to lose weight. It's mostly about the health benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          There's been a lot of evidence regarding fasting supporting immune function, cell regeneration, etc. I've never delved into it because I have a fast metabolism (possibly hypoglycemic too) and feel weak if I don't eat every 4 or 5 hours. But, I'm really considering at least trying to fast. Wondering what you guys have done and how it worked out for you.
          Doing a 24-hour fast once a week makes me feel relatively healthy (I rarely get sick) and keeps the weight down pretty effortlessly.

Give that a try for a month or two, Redd. See what you notice.

Just be careful with the hypoglycemia. Have food/snacks always close at hand just in case this experiment backfires. But you might even find that fasting stabilizes your insulin sensitivity after a while.
          Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 12-09-2017, 01:51 PM.

Comment

None. Though ntermittent fasting seems to be all the rage in the fitness community.

Comment

I've never tried it. What sort of time periods do most people do it for? Is it usually limited to an entire day or are there benefits to fasting for more than a day? It seems like your body would start breaking down muscle tissue if you went too long without eating anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
                I've never tried it. What sort of time periods do most people do it for? Is it usually limited to an entire day or are there benefits to fasting for more than a day? It seems like your body would start breaking down muscle tissue if you went too long without eating anything.
                I once did it for months, cut down 40 pounds, but once I started eating normally it didnt take long for the 40 pounds to come back.

Comment

i did intermittent fasting from december 2016 till about feb this year. I lost a lot a weight, i would eat between 12-8, first two weeks was hell not eating in the morning but afterwards you get real used to it.

Comment

After a five day fast, my body started canabalize G muscle. It wasn't a good experience. I lost my sense of hunger, or was too exhausted to eat.

Comment

Working...
                    X