Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Black Boxers Have A Genetic Advantage?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aside from genetic differences, there seem to be a greater amount of boxing gyms in the inner cities, many with likely years upon years of experience to hone skills. Look at the kronk gym, many great fighters trained there. The styles are also different with each gym, so imo where a fighter cuts his teeth is often what gets solidified into their style from very young.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
      We also have long legs and short bodies.

The only race to have that build.
      Look at the rest of what's there moron, it explains it all. Stop acting like you already know everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Daccan View Post
        You know this kind of doesn't help the argument. Fast twitch muscle fibers are good for, uh, lifting maximum loads or sprinting as fast as possible, not for endurance running or endurance sports. Boxing is, last I checked, more like a marathon than a sprint.
        Did you bother to read the actual page?

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
          Look at the rest of what's there moron, it explains it all. Stop acting like you already know everything.
          Why you calling names??

Calm your shuffling ass down fella

Comment

Yes, in general they have significantly longer limbs than other races. Longer legs make your footwork faster/more effective and longer arms, well that's a no brainer. Shorter torso=smaller target for the body plus the long arms protect it better. I don't know about the old fast twitch muscles theory.

Now of course genetic advantages doesn't make you a better fighter automatically. Same way Samoans aren't the best because they have the better durability.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
              Yes, in general they have significantly longer limbs than other races. Longer legs make your footwork faster/more effective and longer arms, well that's a no brainer. Shorter torso=smaller target for the body plus the long arms protect it better. I don't know about the old fast twitch muscles theory.

True

Comment

Did you bother to read the actual page?
                Nope, what you quoted is all I went by, and what I said totally does not contradict it one bit.

Comment

Nope, what you quoted is all I went by, and what I said totally does not contradict it one bit.
                  If you didn't bother to look then stfu

Comment

If you didn't bother to look then stfu
                    I don't need to, your quote is your "argument" lmao

Comment

I don't need to, your quote is your "argument" lmao
                      I also posted the a source that you didn't bother to look at, so again, stfu.

Comment

Working...
                      X